Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using the Snap version of Keepass XC?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dequire View Post
    Were you shaking your fist at the clouds when you typed that?
    No, I was typing with one hand a holding a beer in the other. ��

I just don't like the idea of Flatpacks and Snaps.

There was also a time when the first thing I'd do after a fresh install was to purge Mono. ��

Now excuse me while I go back to bed and continue my dream about socks... ��
    Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
      Were you shaking your fist at the clouds when you typed that?
      No, I was typing with one hand a holding a beer in the other. ��

I just don't like the idea of Flatpacks and Snaps.

There was also a time when the first thing I'd do after a fresh install was to purge Mono. ��

Now excuse me while I go back to bed and continue my dream about socks... ��

Comment

I have it installed from the PPA with no problems on KDE Neon. I will not have Snaps or Flatpacks on my system!

Comment

I don't use Snaps or Flats on my system either. I'm not against "containers"; we use them on the system I work with, but where every little app has it's own container without regard to duplication of the supporting cast of libraries, it's not efficient. Bigger, faster, cheaper - pick two.
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

I'm running KDE Neon. As a rolling system built on a semi-archaic base, contanerized apps do have their place. To me, it allows me to run Neon at trhe peak of my ability to do so, and have the best of both worlds, so to speak.
            ​"Keep it between the ditches"
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I agree that containers have their place. Containierizing for the sake of the concept, and without a plan, is not a useful design tenet.
              The next brick house on the left
              Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
              X