This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K3B no longer able to access DVDs?

I bought a CD/DVD set this week. I ripped the CDs with K3B no problems - as usual. But then I decided to use it to grab the DVD video too. No go. The error:

k3b uses transcode to rip Video DVDs...

transcode is not available to 20.04 users. It looks like yet another application has been left behind.

Anyone have a suggestion? - other than use something else. I get that. I was more wondering why transcode had been dropped. It doesn't seem like I can configure K3B to use something else.

Please Read Me

Transcode was removed from *buntu n 18.10, my guess is that k3b may be as unmaintained as this was, at least in this area/
    There is a bug report from 2014 requesting to move from using transcode as it was buggy and unmaintained back then.

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      I was more wondering why transcode had been dropped. It doesn't seem like I can configure K3B to use something else.
      https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...e/+bug/1787222

Click image for larger version

Name:	0c8dcb4b2a.png
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	644876
      On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Wow. K3b was a wonderful app and the best for Linux for a LONG LONG time.

But, I removed my internal CDROM and put in an HDCaddy in its place. Bought a $14 USB CDROM to replace it.
        I haven't used K3b for 3 or 4 years, or more, since I stopped using LiveDVD's as an Install medium.

Looking around for a replacement burner the most practical for me is Brasero, in the repository. So I installed it.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X