Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I see network folders in firefox file dialogs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] How can I see network folders in firefox file dialogs?

Say, I would like to attach a file to an email. The file is located on a samba share. I can see the file in Dolphin. I don't see any option to navigate to the network folders when I use the GTK file dialog in Firefox. How can I do that?

I don't use Firefox that way often, but I think you would have to navigate to the mounted folder. Dolphin will show you the URL.

Please Read Me

Comment

I don't have a samba share to test with, but with the "Plasma Integration" firefox add-on, which comes by default in Kubuntu, and the environment variable GTK_USE_PORTAL set to 1, I get a very dolphin-like file chooser, and I can get a file from my phone.

In some previous release I found it tricky to get the variable set early enough that firefox started by plasma would see it, and had to use an autostart script set to run before session start-up, but another poster here has said that in focal it worked setting it in .bashrc:
      Code:
      export GTK_USE_PORTAL=1
      I suggest trying it out by running that in a konsole then starting firefox in that konsole.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Thank you @jlittle your solution worked great! I added the env variable GTK_USE_PORTAL=1 to my bashrc and now I see the Dolphin file dialogs in Firefox.

Comment

Working...
        X