This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
    Given the dedication, I'd say that the signer -- your professor? -- presented this copy to you.
    Yes, he was my Gen Chem prof. For years I "remembered" his name to be Bradford, but reading the dedication I noticed it was Benford. I was mixing his name up with the name of the author, Bradford, of the Gen Chem text book which was used in the Gen Chem class. He was also the author of the HS version of that text, which was used in my HS Chem class, and many of the problems in the college version were the same as in the HS version. I was so fascinated by chemistry that I did ALL the problems in the text while in HS. In my college class, because of my good memory at the time, I could remember the answers to those problems when asked in class or given as assignments.

The first photo shows him presenting a copy of the 42nd edition to me, but I don't remember how I acquired a copy of the 57th edition, and it is hardly used at all. I got curious about the possibility of a PDF copy of a recent edition being freely available on line and searched for it. PDF's are a lot easier to search through, but most of the info in a CRC handbook is readily available on line.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X