• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Was I blocked Banned from this forum 503 error

Hi,
    After spending some time upgrading to 20.04.1,
    https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...e-my-questions
    I found myself with some Issues.
    Issues 1. EFI 500mb sector. I realised I have an older BIOS computer, so this was irrelevant. Took awhile to find the reason, as I was blocked accessing this forum

503 error

I've managed to reset my modem and get a new connection to my ISP.

So.
    Was I banned ?

Nope, you're here

Asking questions normally doesn't result in "banning".
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

503 just means the service isn't available. Either your ISP glitched, has blocked us, or the host server was momentarily off line, or possibly the way your browser tried to load the URL was incorrect.

We have special rules for certain members (like jglen490 - just joking! ) and many blocked spammers, but you wouldn't get a 503 error in that case anyway I don't think.

Please Read Me

Comment

t get a 503 error in that case anyway I don't think.
        I get this error whenever AT&T changes my IP address on my phone, I don't even get the expected formal full error page with contact info etc, just the most generic blank page with '503 error' as the only content.

So my guess it could also possibly have been a temporary false positive on the security software, seeing as the OP did not get the full scary looking warning page.

Comment

So a glitch in the Matrix then
          Someone uploaded Wreck-it-Ralph & "The G..G..Glitch"

Comment

I saw a 503 when I switched from Spectrum to Allo, which gives me 500Mb symmetrical fiber optic.
            I've also been on this forum for 11 years and I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of people that have been banned.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I'll confirm the 503 error - Service not available, for this forum. All day yesterday I was unable to connect to Kubuntuforums.net. Early this morning, it came back. No clue as to why.
              Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.7, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Some time ago, I couldn't look at the site for months because of the 503 thing. It's some problem with the website/hosting.

Comment

Some people see 503, others see those who have passed on, others get answers from oshunlvr

Life is full of surprises, even good ones!
                  The next brick house on the left
                  Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Comes and goes. I was blocked for a few days, and since yesterday it works.

Comment

Working...
                    X