Bluetooth Forehead slap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth Forehead slap...

I spent an hour trying to get my Intel AX210 bluetooth working. It's a combined wifi/bluetooth card, built-in to the mobo in my case.

Changed kernels, changed drivers, web searched relentlessly. I could never get my headphones to work for more than a second or two and poorly so even then.

I was just about to give in when I glanced to the far left of my very large desk and eyeballed the external wifi antenna that came with my new mobo but I hadn't bothered to install. I had just read a comment to some other AX210 user that talked about "the antenna having only a single lead..." It seems that some users in the past had encountered a condition where they could only enable one or the other - wifi or bluetooth - but not both, and one of the common causes was a single lead antenna. My antenna had two threaded leads.

Then came the self-inflicted forehead slap. So yes, obviously connecting the antenna and all the dmesg errors went away and the headphones worked perfectly.

Sigh... It's highly annoying when at my age and level of experience I still make rookie mistakes.

Please Read Me

Never mind!

Last year I searched for the cause why a customer's computer would not start at all and it took me several minutes to realize that the little extra switch beneath the power supply at the back of the machine was in "off" position.
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Mar 21, 2023, 08:51 AM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Lol, just this morning, I plopped in my new RX 6650 XT and wondered why I wasn't getting any video output. It was an ebay purchase, though new with a very slightly damaged box.
      it took what seemed like a half hour for me to figure out that I had neglected to plug in the power plug, which was actually sitting there in the shadows from the previous card I had removed in January.
      In actuality, that half hours was probably 5 minutes in the real world. Worry time moves faster, I think.

Comment

Schwarzer Kater ... that the little extra switch beneath the power supply at the back of the machine was in "off" position.
        I have done that after a new build and panicked, thinking I flunked the 'smoke test'!
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
        X