X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird resolution bug after installation

Hello to you all.

I've been distro-hopping these weeks, and found Kubuntu interesting. So, I decided to install it. But I encountered a strange bug.

The resolution was extremely small, if this should be the right term? I'm not sure. But I've linked some screenshots here just to show you guys.

I had actually encountered such a thing before, when I used to use Arch, with KDE too. But it was just with a particular program, so I didn't care much.

But now, this thing encompasses everything. Only the browser remained the same. Besides, I could resize the fonts in the terminal too. I'm suspecting the problem lies in the font size, but I'm not sure. I hope someone could give me some light regarding this matter, please!

Here is the link:

https://imgur.com/a/VC1hkrM

EDIT: To add some info, I was using Kubuntu 20.04 LTS. I ran sudo apt update, and rebooted, but the problem still persisted. I also have an nvidia gpu, which I remember now, I didn't update its driver. I'm going to do so in a few minutes and update this edit. Apart from that, I'm not sure what things could be causing this problem.

4K monitor? Physically small 4K monitors do not scale well IME.

To be technical it looks like it's not the resolution that's "small" it's the DPI or scale that's off. Resolution is the width/height in pixels.

You can either force the DPI or try System Settings > Display and Monitor > Display Configuration and increase the "Global Scale" to 200%

Please Read Me

Comment

Just in case you're right and it is resolution, open a Konsole window and enter "xrandr" and compare the results to your monitor specs.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X