Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using the Arc Dark Plasma theme right now and this is some of the icon set it uses for the taskbar. Pretty boring...
    Attached Files
    Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

I'm not sure I like the mix of coloured and monochrome icons myself. But it's such a minor issue I can't be bothered to do anything about it.

One thing that does irritate me no end is the Clock/Calendar! If I go into its settings I can activate the date but, like Windows, it sits below the time and I can't friggin' see it! It would be nice to have the option to have the date alongside the time! (Think Cinnamon!) But there's nothing we can do about that!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
        I'm not sure I like the mix of coloured and monochrome icons myself. But it's such a minor issue I can't be bothered to do anything about it.
        I'm just very nitpicky! I like things the way I like them, and I like everything to look nice.

One thing that does irritate me no end is the Clock/Calendar! If I go into its settings I can activate the date but, like Windows, it sits below the time and I can't friggin' see it! It would be nice to have the option to have the date alongside the time!
        Like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_date_clock_cropped.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	644936

You can tweak the clock/calendar in infinite ways, such as including the day [as I have], and adjusting their placement. You'll need to experiment with different font settings/sizes/attributes, along with adjusting the height of the system tray, but you should be able to get it to look exactly as you like.
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

My tray is 40 pixels high and I don't want it larger than that. I need to get ready to go out for a bit of Thai lunch so I don't have time right now, but I just noticed that if I choose long date, which I prefer, my taskbar is pretty full! I may have to move my launcher icons from Icons Only Tak Manager to a dedicated dock! I don't like Latte! It's far too complicated for a dock so I may have to install Plank Dock!

There's already too much in my Taskbar!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Beerislife; Nov 21, 2020, 07:57 PM.

Comment

But there's nothing we can do about that!

Incorrectamundo!
            You have options: https://store.kde.org/p/998901/
            install like any other desktop widget, and it becomes a "show alternatives" option on the clock's right click menu.
            The clock is quite configurable, as is the calendar layout and other options, and will do what you want for sure, without futzing with fonts and panel heights.

Comment

If there is no icon for a thing present in the theme's folder, it uses the system default (breeze) so at least something shows up.

Comment

My tray is 40 pixels high and I don't want it larger than that.
                Larger? If you compare my two images, you'll see that in the one with the date beside the clock--as you desire--the tray is actually shorter than in the other one.

I need to get ready to go out for a bit of Thai lunch
                Yum! That sounds so good right now...
                Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

/me forgetted the obligatory screenshot of the clock from the somewhat poorly named Event Calendar widget

Name:	Screenshot_20201122_164240.png
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	644939

Comment

I'll have a look at that later! There was a local pop-up street fair and there were a few small craft brewries serving their wares. I feel slightly worse for wear this morning!

I seem to have fewer settings though!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well that solved that! Just added a new widget to the Panel (Better Inline Clock) then right-click on the existing Clock and hit Show Alternatives!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I think I've found my new favourite icon theme: Breeze-Cheerful-Phantasy!
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think I've found my new favourite icon theme: Breeze-Cheerful-Phantasy!
                          Nice!

I found an icon set I really, really liked a long time ago, called MIB-Ossigeno-Icons. I've carried it with me forever! Good thing, too, because it's nowhere to be found now (or wasn't, the last time I was inclined to look for it). Here's a glimpse:

Name:	tmp_icons_112520.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	644954

I even use it on my Android devices, I love it so much!

Comment

Wow! I remeber having those installed quite a while back! I'm more into flat themes these days. I was using the Papirus icon theme previously.

Comment

Ha ha, I like glossy/glassy looks! So these have suited me ever since I first found them.

I wonder why they're no longer available? I've thought about uploading them so others can love them as much as I do, but I certainly don't want to claim that I created them or anything like that. I just like them so much, I think they should be available to others. Does anyone know how to do that without infringing on the actual creator's rights, or implying that I created them?

ETA: I no sooner posted that, then I found they're available now, but I swear I've looked for them in the past and they were gone... I think... No, really!
                              Last edited by DoYouKubuntu; Nov 25, 2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X