Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CharlieDaves
    replied
    New Problem. Most Likely Samba related. I cannot write to the B560 HD3 Shared Drives from this my main computer.
    I can read/write & delete files from any folder on any drive via the network option shown above as Error-01... This is the same for reading and writing from B560 HD3(HTPC) to this Main PC.
    I fixed the error somehow with access to CubeAlpha8Tb. I had two one ended in Tb the other ended in TB and was root accessed only.
    I've deleted the TB version, removed and reinstated Share on the other, and can now access CubeAlpha8Tb from both PC's
    I have chown /media/mm3/ -R (this is where all the drives appear

AND

I still cannot WRITE or view MOVIE files from This MAIN pc on the HTPC pc. I can VIEW only.​

Leave a comment:

• CharlieDaves
    replied
    Progress again. All HDD's Zpools are connected and working. EXCEPT 1
    This is ALL from the New B560 HD3 Motherboard, after I attempted to boot again with 20.04 USB plugged in, and somewhere, somehow it booted the USB without asking or given me the option to boot of external device.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220921_115916-NetworkError-01.png Views:	0 Size:	127.2 KB ID:	665297
    Error 1 shows NEW PC Networking access

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220921_115916-NetworkError-02.png Views:	0 Size:	200.4 KB ID:	665298
    Error 2 Shows accessing a "shared" local drive. Access is Successful

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220921_115916-NetworkError-03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	665299
    Error 3 is when I attempt to access the one and only shared drive that pops up this garbage. Any suggestions on what is going on, with this one share. SMB.conf has all shares (copy and pasted) and I just changed the name, and I've checked it 3 times.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220921_115916-NetworkError-04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.2 KB ID:	665300 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220921_115916-NetworkError-04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.2 KB ID:	665301
    Error 4 shows access a NETWORKED PC (the other computer) and a share on it. It is successful. Obvious the copy and pasted smb.conf file with some minor changes from this NETWORK PC to the NEW PC is working.

Still why is one share being a total pain.

Still work to do, but I must visit Dad in Hospital.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CharlieDaves; Sep 21, 2022, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• claydoh
    replied
    Originally posted by CharlieDaves View Post
    AND from what I read in Reddit there is a bug in the kernel that pre 21.?? OS wont allow booting,
    That will depend on the age of the reddit post. Current 20.04 kernel is 5.15, which is newer than what was in 21.xx

Leave a comment:

• CharlieDaves
    replied
    Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
    Hm…
    Just two thoughts:
    - Does "Secure Boot Mode = Custom" mean that secure boot is disabled?
    - Are you sure "Legacy" is the correct setting for "Storage Boot Option Control"? I have my UEFI-BIOS set to "UEFI + Legacy (UEFI first)" as I use EFI-installations for my internal systems and Legacy-installations for some of my external system drives (I don't know how you installed yours, of course…).
    Secure boot mode, if I remember (crap sleepless night) has two options. Custom, and I can't remember the other, but could be 'windows'
    Legacy. I was screwing around to see if the last time I formatted the boot drive it was under it's OLD machine which had/has a simple non-ufei BIOS.

PROGRESS
    I managed to boot (somehow no option given) via a 20.04 usb and reinstalled kubuntu. It did everything except it froze or looped or something, and would just sit there doing nothing. I hit esc, and the commands would just fly by, and I would end up staring at the same last few commands. After 2 hours, I gave up and used the master switch (on the psu) to shut down.
    Now when I boot I cannot get into hdmi output, just vga only. I've tried to re-boot from usb with NO JOY. Out of frustration I attempted to enter BIOS and I missed the 1/2second to hit <del> and it actually booted onto the main boot drive.
    I am currently running every update I can. Wish me luck

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
    Are you trying to boot the old drive, or a usb install USB?
    Where is it failing, what exactly are you seeing as you power on, until it stops or fails?

If you aren't using one, a live usb is always a good tool to test new hardware.​
    Thanks claydoh. forgot about live booting. I'll give it a go if necessary.

Was attempting old drive. I knew it would have a spaz attack and through up some error, but I figured re-do updates should fix it. IF that failed my backup was to reinstall 20.04.. AND from what I read in Reddit there is a bug in the kernel that pre 21.?? OS wont allow booting, so my backup to my backup was to install 22.04

Boot repair. Managed to get that screen twice, first time did nothing, second time ran through commands on screen ended up frozen.
    Thanks for your replies

Hey Dumb Question. Are there Motherboards built/designed ONLY FOR WINDOWS Or should any Hardware be Linux usable??
    Last edited by CharlieDaves; Sep 20, 2022, 04:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• claydoh
    replied
    Are you trying to boot the old drive, or a usb install USB?
    Where is it failing, what exactly are you seeing as you power on, until it stops or fails?

If you aren't using one, a live usb is always a good tool to test new hardware.

If you are trying to boot your existing OS drive you might just need to fix grub, from a live usb using boot-repair.

I just had to do this myself last night transferring my NAS drives to a new case and motherboard.

Most all of the bios settings can be ignored, at least up front. If you don't have Windows you should disable secure boot unless you know that you used it for the install. There should be an option somewhere to use the defaults which will reset things

But do tell or show us what is happening when you try to boot

Hopefully, it is just a grub problem with the new mobo and boot repair can fix it

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

But more info will hopefully help narrow things down.

Leave a comment:

• kc1di
    replied
    It may be that Secure boot needs to be off. Don't know what custom means. If you don't want to use Windows. Change the boot options to legacy and see if that works. I Take it it will not boot the live session?
    Last edited by kc1di; Sep 20, 2022, 06:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Schwarzer Kater
    replied
    Hm…
    Just two thoughts:
    - Does "Secure Boot Mode = Custom" mean that secure boot is disabled?
    - Are you sure "Legacy" is the correct setting for "Storage Boot Option Control"? I have my UEFI-BIOS set to "UEFI + Legacy (UEFI first)" as I use EFI-installations for my internal systems and Legacy-installations for some of my external system drives (I don't know how you installed yours, of course…).
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Sep 20, 2022, 03:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieDaves
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220920_152445-Mod.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	665263 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220920_152643-mod.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	665264 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220919_154252-Mod.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	665265 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220919_154252-Mod.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	665262some UFEI photos to help ppl with either what I've done or the defaults
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• New Gigabyte B560 HD3 Motherboard not booting

SO the older PC finally died. It used UFEI booting. I know as I updateded it's UFEI BIOS once. No REesponse when powered on. i did breifly get it to respond after unpluging everything. (Maybe it's the boot drive??)
    Back to new motherboard. So the only screen I get is UFEI Bios, and it has more options than McDonalds has ever had. I finally found UFEI boot, it's has identified the ssd, every other hard drive is currently unplugged. I have a 12month old 23 inch PC screen and the TV via HDMI. Everytime I go through the ufei menu I keep finding new things. some that I have read onling don't exist and the ufei boot option was under to main menus. I cannot beliefe how difficult this is to get to work. Is all this new **** design for win10 only? Yes I have set OS from windows 10 to "other"
    any good starting points as I have a massive headache, and am totally pissed off at this plug and PRAY is not working.
    I've even changed the PSU as it wouldn't boot this morning, and foudn the issue to be the power switch connect onto the motherboard was disconnected.
    Please. I know I am asking a lot.
Working...
X