Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my impish, /bin is a link to /usr/bin. Same for sbin.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

When I start konsole from the task bar TWO windows are created - one with the normal prompt, the other one with NO prompt at all.
      Check your konsole profile settings and revert to default.

Please Read Me

Comment

You also might have Konsole settings in System Settings > Window Management > Window Rules

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by hstoellinger View Post
          When I start konsole from the task bar TWO windows are created - one with the normal prompt, the other one with NO prompt at all.
          I suspect that .bashrc, or some other start up script, or one called by them, is running something that opens, or causes to open, a konsole window. .desktop files can do that.

Two ways to approach these kinds of problems:

- Rename .bashrc to something like bashrc-backup, then start a konsole. Then if the problem is gone (others might happen) copy half the contents of bashrc-backup to .bashrc, and test again. If no problem, add some more of .bashrc, else delete half of it. And so on, binary chopping to the cause.
          If you still get the problems with no .bashrc, there must be another file that's run at shell start up. There's at least .profile and .login.

- Use the system monitor (in 20.04 it may be called ksysguard) to see what processes are running when you open a konsole. Or, tediously, learn to use the ps command in another konsole. This approach can take a lot of time.
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
          X