No announcement yet.

Wired Ethernet Difficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to visit a friend this weekend and my computer had no trouble automatically connecting to his router by Ethernet.

So maybe it's just a matter of configuring my system to connect to this router. I have tried to configure according the manual, but it was written for Windows.

I am still unable to connect to the router. The unit is an older Engenius ECB9500 which I intend to use to extend the range of our ranch wifi.

Here's what I did:

I held the router reset button for 10 seconds.

I opened "Connections", selected the wired connection

In the "wired"tab:
    Restrict to device: enp0s31f6 - the only option

In the ipv4 tab:
    I opened the 'routes' window, added a route. I tried several different IP addresses given by the product manual - none of them worked.

Netmask: 255.255.255.0

I was also unable to ping the router at any of those addresses.

What else can I do?

Click image for larger version  Name:	ethernet01.png Views:	0 Size:	61.0 KB ID:	662629

Click image for larger version  Name:	ethernet02.png Views:	0 Size:	102.2 KB ID:	662630
    Last edited by TwoFistedJustice; May 01, 2022, 09:15 PM.

Comment

The manual says the default address for configuration is 192.168.1.2. Did you try this in a web browser? Then when the dialog pops up enter "admin" for both the username and password. Have you tried this yet? Maybe you need to change it from Access Point, Client Bridge, WDS Bridge, or Universal Repeater, etc. I don't think the manual I am looking at shows any 192.168.0.x . I would think the addresses would be 192.168.1.x but I could be wrong.

Comment

The manuals I had showed several different IP addresses and none of them worked. I am giving up on this device as not worth the effort. I'm looking for an older Netgear with screw on antennae since Netgear routers have never given me any issues whatsoever. I should have done that to begin with.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to help.

Comment

You are welcome. It is a very old piece of equipment, I would say it is time to recycle and get new. Hopefully you learned something along the way.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
          X