Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, how to install driver?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, how to install driver?

Hi,

I have as video card, the NVIDIA Corporation GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti]. When checking what controller Kubuntu installed, on the Controller Manager, it says that it was manually installed, yet does not specify if it was any of the proprietary drivers, or the open source one. There is no option to install the native driver; in disabled text, it offers several NVidia drivers, yet I cannot select any one.

The video in general seems Ok, yet I have a partition with the latest Mint OS installed, with the NVidia proprietary drivers, and I can perceive a bit better video quality

Any idea why in the Controller Manager, all options are disabled? How via command line, would I be able to install the proper NVidia driver?

Might be disabled because it has missing dependencies. Nvidia drivers provided by Ubuntu use dkms to install the driver. Try using apt at the command line to install the driver manually along with dkms. You're probably looking for nvidia-dkms-470.

You can determine which drive is actually being used with: cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log |grep Driver

Normally, if you are an admin user you should be able to install the driver using System Settings.

Please Read Me

Comment

The latest driver for that Nvidia card is 470, which is what I'm using.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Beerislife; Aug 11, 2021, 04:04 AM.
      Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
        The latest driver for that Nvidia card is 470, which is what I'm using.
        What kernel version are you using?

I've been thinking about upgrading to 470 (from 460), but not sure how reliable 470 is using the 5.11.0 kernel in KDE neon.
        Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
        tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

Working...
        X