Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphin File Manager lagging when selecting large amount of files.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure enough my RAM was bad I had it replaced, but I'm still having the same issue. The technician who replaced my RAM said it could possible be my HDD, because I've been using this HDD since late 2013 early 2014.
    That or its some motherboard issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSapien64 View Post
      Sure enough my RAM was bad I had it replaced, but I'm still having the same issue. The technician who replaced my RAM said it could possible be my HDD, because I've been using this HDD since late 2013 early 2014.
      That or its some motherboard issue.
      I use HDSentinel to keep track of my HD and two SSDs.
      https://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk..._linux_gui.php
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        I use HDSentinel to keep track of my HD and two SSDs.
        https://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk..._linux_gui.php
        Well I've been using GSmartControl. Maybe I should do a extended self test?

Comment

HDSentinel is a GUI front end to Smart.
          For HD's an extended self-test probably wouldn't hurt.
          For SSD the key metric is the remaining lifetime, which HDSentinel calculates automatically, along with reports of other anomalies.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Well I did an extended self-test with GSmartControl and it found no errors.
            Maybe I should have my local computer store do HDD and possibly a motherboard test as well, just as second opinion.

Comment

OK apparently my local computer shop already did HDD test and both HDDs are fine (I dual boot with Windows 10) and speaking if which I don't notice the slow in the file manager in Windows 10 when selecting a large number of files and right clicking for the context menu.
              Could it be possible that Kubuntu is corrupted because I installed it with bad RAM?

Comment

Working...
              X