This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryzen 5 3400g display problems

I have a new build with an Asus B450m and a Ryzen 5 3400g. I had to boot the live usb with safe graphics mode to be able to install. In order to be able to get it to boot past the mobo splash screen I have to go into grub and use nomodeset. I upgraded the kernel to 5.10 and still am unable to get it to boot normally. What am I missing. HELP.

Jamie

A web search reveals: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1239...en-5-3400g-apu

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      Hey, I appreciate your help. I have seen that article before. For the life or me I can't find where to disable the iommu in my Asus bios?

Jamie

Comment

You don't need to change your BIOS. The link gave the following advice:

Code:
        [h=3]Workaround 2:[/h] Add iommu=pt to command line in /etc/default/grub following the steps below.
         [LIST=1][*]Run
         sudo nano /etc/default/grub
        [*]Make the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line look like this
         GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash iommu=pt"
        [*]Update grub by
         sudo update-grub
        [*]Reboot with
         sudo reboot[/LIST]
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yeah, some BIOS have more settings than others. Linux has a crap-ton of command line kernel switches like the one GG and the article pointed out. Can't hurt to try this one.

If you want to test it without the edits, you can add it via the GRUB editor at boot time and see if it helps.

If your mobo and chipset are brand new they might not be totally supported by the kernel yet. However, you state you've installed kernel 5.10 which is not yet supplied by Ubuntu AFAIK. Therefore, you have gone "off the ranch" so you might just be on your own on this one.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
          X