X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Closed> update 4.4.2 - Kate crashes when clicking on filename in dolphin

From the KDE crash handler:
    Executable: kdeinit4 (deleted) PID: 11632 Signal: 11 (Segmentation fault)

Application: Kate (kdeinit4 (deleted)), signal: Segmentation fault
    [Current thread is 1 (process 11632)]

Thread 1 (process 11632):
    #0 0xf27a9f20 in ?? ()
    This happens every time I click on a file in a dolphin window or right click and select open with kate.

Opening kate first, then clicking on file works.

Right clicking, then selecting "Other" and typing in kate works.

I can't find any obvious log messages relating to the crash.

Starting dolphin from cli then clicking produces same results, no error output.

Anything else I should try?

Please Read Me

Re: Latest update 4.4.2 - breaks Kate - crashes when clicking on filename in dolphin

Hi

I'm running 9.10 with KDE 4.4.2 and can't reproduce your issue.

Having said that, after I upgraded (to 4.4.1 I think) I experienced a big slowdown at bootup - some 15-20 seconds for everything to load following the appearance of the desktop wallpaper.

I cured it by simply renaming the home/.kde/share/config folder. You might try that. Or you might try resetting Kate by renaming the kate files within that folder. I think that should be your first port of call if you haven't already done so.

Comment

Re: Latest update 4.4.2 - breaks Kate - crashes when clicking on filename in dolphin

Running KDE 4.4.2 on Lucid Lynx and having none of those problems.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Same here. KDE 4.4.2 on Karmic 9.10 (32-bit). No problem.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm using 9.10 64-bit.

Tried removing kate folder under ~/.kde/share/apps

Tried removing all files from ~/.kde/share/config that had any reference to kate

- but no changes.

Please Read Me

Comment

sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

kubuntu-desktop is already the newest version.

Please Read Me

Comment

I had the same problem with Kate crashing. Last night I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it. Now it's working fine.

Comment

Last night my whole system did a hard lockup - no raw mode available even.

After reboot the crash has gone away for now....

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                  X