• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: apturl in firefox 3.5?

Originally posted by Detonate
    I have hit the wall. No more ideas.
    me too -- thanks for trying.
    I guess it ain't for me for some reason...
    Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Comment

Would you believe me if I told you I have the solution? Well , I have half of the solution anyway. I have had the same problem as you and just for fun I thought "I can solve this one" and with a wild chance I went to kpackagekit and downloaded firefox-3.5-gnome-support . Guess what. It works now.. Well not completely but I am almost there. I was so happy I had to tell you. If you find the whole solution before me let me know...

Comment

Ok. here is what happens now with firefox-3.5-gnome-support installed
        When I go to the following to download flashplayer

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I get a dialog asking which program to start and apturl is already in the list and selected. I hit ok. Then I get the message:
        Channel "karmic-partner" is not known

So actually, we might say it works I mean perhaps it would work in other cases.. Maybe adobe as a bad Channel? Not that I have any idea what "karmic-partner" is or even what a channel is.

I have tried other programs I have found in /usr/bin. For instance, apturl-kde is there. That seems like it should really do the trick. But no, same thing... Channel "karmic-partner" is not known

Comment

Originally posted by tommytomtom
          Ok. here is what happens now with firefox-3.5-gnome-support installed
          When I go to the following to download flashplayer

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I get a dialog asking which program to start and apturl is already in the list and selected. I hit ok. Then I get the message:
          Channel "karmic-partner" is not known

So actually, we might say it works I mean perhaps it would work in other cases.. Maybe adobe as a bad Channel? Not that I have any idea what "karmic-partner" is or even what a channel is.

I have tried other programs I have found in /usr/bin. For instance, apturl-kde is there. That seems like it should really do the trick. But no, same thing... Channel "karmic-partner" is not known
          I finally got it to work with the update to lucid and FF3.6.4, but I'm at the same place you are with Adobe: Channel "lucid-partner" is not known
          The url it's using is apt:adobe-flashplugin?channel=$distro-partner
          I tried deleting the ?channel=$distro-partner bit -- don't think it did anything
          tried different variations of 'distro' too, but nothing.
          Any ideas?

EDIT: Something about that link on the Adobe site that doesn't work. I got APT to work elsewhere.
          Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Comment

Did you ever solve this problem? I have the same thing happening with Gnome, Firefox 3.6.10 and Ubuntu 9.04.

Comment

Working...
            X