Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAMBA keeps asking for Username/Password?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAMBA keeps asking for Username/Password?

OK these are the changes I made..

1. removed the ";" in front of name resolve order = lmhosts wins bcast host
    2. obey pam restrictions = yes (Changed to no)
    3. pam password change = yes (Changed to no)
    4. dropped the tailing "/" in the share directory.

Rebooted the computer, and just tried the network. Still asking for a password.

My next course of action is to delete the password file, and hope it returns to the default.

How do I do that? Thanks!

Comment

If you have find-utils installed type locate passwd in a terminal or use kfind to locate passwd files. Mine are...

/etc/passwd
      /etc/pam.d/passwd

Please Read Me

Comment

Actually I'm running into the same problem with my samba. Although I click cancel and usually get the file, or i just do it again and it works. What puzzles me is i didn't config Samba and I can still get to my windows workgroup. My worry is security because i'm paranoid.
        Any ways, yeah my Samba asks me for username/pswd. but it seems to not matter. Not sure.

Comment

When I attempt to access a samba share, I go into Dolphin, click on network, then click on Samba share. That shows 2 computers on the network. I click on a Windows XP computer, and the list of drives comes up. I click on a drive (share), and I keep getting a password dialog box asking for a userid and password. No matter what I put in nothing works. I searched for a post about it and found this one. Would you guys mind helping me out with debugging my smb.conf? If so, I'll attach it.
          Thanks, & good luck fixing your own files!
          PETERV<br />17&quot; MacBook Pro - Snow Leopard<br />OS&#39;s: Snow Leopard 10.6.4/Kubuntu 10.04/Windows XP Pro SP3<br />Parallels 5.0<br />2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB SDRAM<br />WD 1TB My Book Studio quad-interface External Drive

Comment

Working...
          X