X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kubuntu On Acer Aspire 3000

and choose the .deb version.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
      and choose the .deb version.
      And then (how do I install a .deb file)?

Keke

Comment

Code:
        sudo dpkg -i nameofthepackage.deb
        I first copy the package to /tmp, then run the installation from there. No need to worry about temporary files created by the installer -- in the next reboot, the remaining junk will be automatically cleaned up.

Comment

OK (Thanks),

I've successfully installed AIR and Flash but I can't install the BBC iPlayer desktop ... looking around the web this problem doesn't seem uncommon and affects more AIR apps than just the BBC one ... I've confirmed this (as far as I can) by trying, and failing, to install Tweetdeck (which just says it's installing but doesn't actually seem to).

Keke

Comment

I found that when I attempted to install the BBC iplayer adobe air was automatically grabbed and then the iplayer was then installed to the /opt directory.

I had numerous failures by having air installed first so I removed it and let the iplayer do it's thing. If you have installed a .deb file, remove the installation with your package manager.

Comment

I tried uninstalling AIR and using the BBC site ... it didn't work for me

Keke

Comment

Actually you are in fact right. I don't seem to be able to get it fully installed - I get the desktop icon and the folder /opt/bbc is populated. However the flash pane on the install link has the little circular thingy still going rather than saying install has finished, and when I hit the desktop icon it won't load.

That what happens to you?

Comment

Working...
                X