This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to Karmic lost dual monitor configuration

I just upgraded to Kubuntu 9.10 and I am encountering lots of problems. The biggest one is the loss of dual monitor configuration. I have a 19" CRT and a 19" LCD running on a Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT card. In the past, I have adjusted the configuration directly from the nvidia-settings application, where I was able to enable both monitors, setting resolutions, etc. After the update to 9.10, however, I can no longer see the second monitor (the LCD) listed in nvdia settings. It seems to have disappeared. I can only change the parameters of the first one, the CRT.
    Can anyone tell me how I should go about restoring two monitors? I suppose I should edit xorg.conf, but I do not know how and searching these forums did not help.

Thanks,

S.

Re: Upgrade to Karmic lost dual monitor configuration

up, up, up,

kallikles2003 is not the only person with an enquiring mind interested in knowing how to do this

Comment

I would like to know the same thing! I have NVidia GeForce Go 7300 on my Acer Aspire and I can't adjust my 21" HD TV/Monitor to 1280x800! Ideally I want 1280x1024 @75 Hz, but I can't even find and open/edit this Xorg.conf file. Stuck, newb needs help please!

Comment

Envy by Alberto Milone.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Anyone try nvidia-settings

Your file is at /etc/X11/xorg.conf - or doesn't exist. Doesn't have to but you can generate one...

$ sudo Xorg -configure

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
          X