X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: compile spca50x

Originally posted by reggler
    Not quite sure which one it's loading if I do a modprobe gspca_main
    Then skype nor cheese would recognize my cam anymore at first. I replugged it and it came back in cheese, then i started skype with LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype and traraaaaaaaaaaaa, there it is, I'm now able to hit the test button and i see the cam image! Cool! Thankss!!!
    You're welcome.

But, we not quite done yet. When you modprobe the gspca_main, it is supplied from the kernel you boot. Open a konsole and issue "uname -r". That will tell you the kernel you are running. More than likely it is "2.6.32-25-generic", the last kernel you updated to. You have 12 kernels installed! It's time you removed 2.6.27-7 through 2.6.32-23-generic. Use Synaptic to remove them. It will run update-grub and give you a cleaner grub menu. If in doubt you can run update-grub yourself: "sudo update-grub".

Anyway, after you have modprobed gspca_main you can make it permanent by running
    "sudo depmod -a"

Now i'll start fighting my sound issue i have with skype...
    you may even be able to help me out there too...? I do not get my mic to work....i've tried all different things with KMix, installed Audacity so i could see the waves coming in but nothing...i'm not getting it to do anything... any ideas wjhat I should try there?
    Thanks!! ))
    This is a different issue. Start a new thread and include the output of
    lspci | grep Audio
    and we will work on it.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X