X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compile spca50x

Hi There,

I would like to compile the spca5xx driver in an attempt to get my webcam working with skype that is working with Kopete only... but i'm not getting very far:
    Code:
    root@reg-desktop:~/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224# ./gspca_build 

REMOVE the old module if present
    ERROR: Module gspca does not exist in /proc/modules

CLEAN gspca source tree
    rm -r -f *.o decoder/.gspcadecoder.o.cmd decoder/*.o \
        .gspca.o.cmd *.o *.ko *.mod.* .[a-z]* core *.i \
        *.symvers *.err

COMPILE gspca Please Wait ....!!

INSTALL gspca in the kernel binary tree
    mkdir -p /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/usb/media/
    rm -f /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/usb/media/spca5xx.ko
    rm -f /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca.ko
    install -c -m 0644 gspca.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/usb/media/
    install: cannot stat `gspca.ko': No such file or directory
    make: *** [install] Error 1

LOAD gspca in memory 
    FATAL: Module gspca not found.

PRINT COMPILATION MESSAGES if ERRORS look kgspca.err 
    make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build SUBDIRS=/home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224 CC=cc modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-22-generic'
     CC [M] /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.o
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c:54:27: error: asm/semaphore.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c:845:
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/utils/spcausb.h: In function ‘spca5xxRegRead’:
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/utils/spcausb.h:95: error: implicit declaration of function ‘info’
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/utils/spcausb.h: In function ‘spca_set_interface’:
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/utils/spcausb.h:278: error: implicit declaration of function ‘warn’
    In file included from /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c:853:
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/Sunplus-jpeg/sp5xxfw2.h: In function ‘sp5xxfw2_init’:
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/Sunplus-jpeg/sp5xxfw2.h:122: error: called object ‘info’ is not a function
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/Sunplus-jpeg/sp5xxfw2.h:136: error: called object ‘info’ is not a function
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/Sunplus-jpeg/sp5xxfw2.h:141: error: called object ‘info’ is not a function
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/Sunplus-jpeg/sp5xxfw2.h:148: error: called object ‘info’ is not a function
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/Sunplus-jpeg/sp5xxfw2.h:176: error: called object ‘info’ is not a function
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/Sunplus-jpeg/sp5xxfw2.h: In function ‘sp5xxfw2_start’:
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/Sunplus-jpeg/sp5xxfw2.h:214: error: called object ‘info’ is not a function
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/Sunplus-jpeg/sp5xxfw2.h:230: error: called object ‘info’ is not a function
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c: In function ‘spca5xx_ioctl’:
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c:2463: error: implicit declaration of function ‘video_usercopy’
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c: At top level:
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c:2609: error: unknown field ‘owner’ specified in initializer
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c:2609: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c:2611: error: unknown field ‘type’ specified in initializer
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c:2615: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c: In function ‘spca50x_create_sysfs’:
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c:2769: error: implicit declaration of function ‘video_device_create_file’
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c:2780: error: implicit declaration of function ‘video_device_remove_file’
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c: In function ‘spca5xx_probe’:
    /home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c:4301: error: incompatible types when assigning to type ‘struct device’ from type ‘struct device *’
    make[2]: *** [/home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/home/reg/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-22-generic'
    make: *** [default] Error 2
    root@reg-desktop:~/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224#
    Any one a clue what I'm doing wrong?
    Thank you for hints or suggestions!
    Ron
    roN

http://www.inetgate.biz

Re: compile spca50x

Have you installed the linux-headers- (for your kernel), or the kernel source?
    build-essential?

Did the instructions for compiling the package you chose include the step:
    ./configure
    ??

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
      Have you installed the linux-headers- (for your kernel), or the kernel source?
      build-essential?

Did the instructions for compiling the package you chose include the step:
      ./configure
      ??

I did a apt-get install linux-source-2.6.32 but am still getting the same error...
      Any other clues?
      roN

Comment

Did you say it works with Kopete?

If this is the case I doubt that the driver is your issue.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
          Did you say it works with Kopete?

If this is the case I doubt that the driver is your issue.
          Yes this is what I said. At first i thought the driver shouldn't be the issue but i just thought i'd give it a shot cause i didn't really have another idea, do you have one then?
          roN

Comment

I have a webcam that works with skype. What have you tried to get yours to work?

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
              I have a webcam that works with skype. What have you tried to get yours to work?
              Not much else than plugged it in, went to skype - options - video devices.
              In the drop down it says "USB Camera (041e:401c)" (/dev/video0) but when i hit the test button on the right, the botton doesnt seem to get activated and the window behind it stays black.
              In Kopete where i actually get an image from the cam it refers to "USB Camera (041e:401c)" as well, so that's gotta be right and the device /ev/video0 exists as well:

reg@reg-desktop:~$ ls -l /dev/video0
              crw-rw----+ 1 root video 81, 0 2010-09-11 13:08 /dev/video0
              then changed the permissions to 755 to make sure my user is able to read it but that didn't change anything on the whole situation...

roN

Comment

Is that option, "USB Camera (041e:401c)", the only one that appears? Did you check the drop down? (Some devices are mis-identified as cameras, or cameras mis-identified as other USB devices.)

If that is the only camera listed then you can try this from a Konsole:
                PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype
                If it works then you can edit the Skype menu option and change the command to:
                bash -c 'export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so; skype'
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Is that option, "USB Camera (041e:401c)", the only one that appears? Did you check the drop down? (Some devices are mis-identified as cameras, or cameras mis-identified as other USB devices.)

If that is the only camera listed then you can try this from a Konsole:
                  PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype
                  If it works then you can edit the Skype menu option and change the command to:
                  bash -c 'export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so; skype'
                  Drop down doesn't have another option.
                  And that preload unfortunately didn't do it and in the console i see a bunch of
                  Code:
                  reg@reg-desktop:~$ PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype
                  bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
                  after the preload... not sure what that means...?
                  roN

Comment

Looks like a permission issue:

You can check that by adding "sudo " in front of that command:

sudo PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype

Running Skype using sudo IS NOT something you want to do, but it will help determine if you have permission issues.

Comment

Looks like a permission issue:

You can check that by adding "sudo " in front of that command:

sudo PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype

Running Skype using sudo IS NOT something you want to do, but it will help determine if you have permission issues.
                      Negative getting the same messages if I do it sudo-ed... Also doesn't seem to have anything to do with the actual camera, as i get a bunch of more messages like these when i start dialing someone... maybe a sound issue that ougtha be resolved too...?
                      roN

Comment

I noticed on a couple laptops that the web camera wouldn't work until I installed Cheese. Apparently it added some needed drivers that Skype doesn't supply? Also, guvcview is a GREAT webcam recorder app.

BTW, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SkypeWebCams
                        Creative WebCam PD1110 9.10 041e:401c gspca_main
                        Skype 2.1.0.81: Works fine after running skype like this from the command prompt: "LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype" without the double quotes. If you don't have that library already installed, install it with "apt-get install libv4l-0" first.
                        My Lucid installation has these gspca webcam driver modules:
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_conex.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_etoms.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_finepix.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_jeilinj.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_mars.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_mr97310a.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_ov519.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_ov534.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_pac207.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_pac7311.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_sn9c20x.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_sonixb.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_sonixj.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_spca500.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_spca501.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_spca505.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_spca506.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_spca508.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_spca561.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_sq905.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_sq905c.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_stk014.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_sunplus.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_t613.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_tv8532.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_vc032x.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_zc3xx.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gl860/gspca_gl860.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/m5602/gspca_m5602.ko
                        /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/stv06xx/gspca_stv06xx.ko
                        and it includes the gspca_main.ko module.

List your modules and see if you have a gspca module already installed:
                        lsmod | grep gspca

If you have, remove it (rmmod whatever) and then do
                        sudo modprobe gspca_main.ko

If your camera starts working with Skype then
                        sudo depmod -a
                        to make the module load during bootup.

Comment

Okay,

It seems to be a driver issue, I only got:
                          Code:
                          lsmod | grep gspca
                          gspca_zc3xx      45189 0 
                          gspca_main       21199 1 gspca_zc3xx
                          videodev        34361 1 gspca_main
                          So I downloaded libv4l-0_0.6.4 from http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/libv4l-0 and installed it but nothing has changed and I was asked if i want to re-install the package... why do I have...
                          I went ahead and installed Cheese & guvcview. lsmod is still returning the same as before but my cam is working in cheese as well as guvcview but still not in skype...
                          roN

Comment

Having attempted to compile the gspca driver it's hard to say which driver is modded.
                            Clear it out
                            sudo rmmod gspca_zc3xx
                            sudo rmmod gspca_main

(You may have to reverse the order of those commands if the first one fails because of "dependencies")

My gspca_main.ko file has a date of:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 47672 2010-04-16 06:33
                            so should yours, unless you've recompiled your kernel. If it does then you still have the original gspca_main.ko module. Load it only.

sudo modprobe gspca_main

and then try Skype again from the Konsole with:
                            LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype

Comment

Having attempted to compile the gspca driver it's hard to say which driver is modded.
                              Clear it out
                              sudo rmmod gspca_zc3xx
                              sudo rmmod gspca_main

(You may have to reverse the order of those commands if the first one fails because of "dependencies")

My gspca_main.ko file has a date of:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 47672 2010-04-16 06:33
                              so should yours, unless you've recompiled your kernel. If it does then you still have the original gspca_main.ko module. Load it only.

sudo modprobe gspca_main

and then try Skype again from the Konsole with:
                              LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype
                              I got a whole bunch of gspca_main.ko files:
                              Code:
                              root@reg-desktop:~/Downloads/gspcav1-20071224# locate gspca_main | xargs ls -la-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 37648 2009-04-01 15:46 /lib/modules/2.6.27-11-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 37648 2008-11-04 13:01 /lib/modules/2.6.27-7-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 38444 2009-04-16 20:42 /lib/modules/2.6.28-11-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31468 2009-10-16 11:04 /lib/modules/2.6.31-14-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31468 2009-11-10 10:53 /lib/modules/2.6.31-15-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31468 2009-12-08 00:03 /lib/modules/2.6.31-16-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31468 2009-12-10 11:34 /lib/modules/2.6.31-17-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31468 2010-01-08 10:55 /lib/modules/2.6.31-18-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31468 2010-01-27 20:40 /lib/modules/2.6.31-19-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31468 2010-03-12 00:36 /lib/modules/2.6.31-20-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31468 2010-03-24 04:32 /lib/modules/2.6.31-21-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 33788 2010-06-03 18:56 /lib/modules/2.6.32-22-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 33788 2010-06-11 05:54 /lib/modules/2.6.32-23-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 33788 2010-08-20 11:22 /lib/modules/2.6.32-24-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 33788 2010-09-01 07:44 /lib/modules/2.6.32-25-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
                              Not quite sure which one it's loading if I do a modprobe gspca_main
                              Then skype nor cheese would recognize my cam anymore at first. I replugged it and it came back in cheese, then i started skype with LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype and traraaaaaaaaaaaa, there it is, I'm now able to hit the test button and i see the cam image! Cool! Thankss!!! Now i'll start fighting my sound issue i have with skype...
                              you may even be able to help me out there too...? I do not get my mic to work....i've tried all different things with KMix, installed Audacity so i could see the waves coming in but nothing...i'm not getting it to do anything... any ideas wjhat I should try there?
                              Thanks!! ))
                              roN

Comment

Working...
                              X