X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No touchpad detected on Sony VPCZ112GX

Originally posted by Snowhog
    It is possible that the touchpad is a Sony proprietary device. Hmm. Are there any keys on the laptop that control the touchpad? To enable/disable it?
    certainly possible. likely? i don't know. i've searched your question on google and on the keyboard and device switches. google found articles showing means of disabling via (windows) software

here
    How to disable the touchpad

here
    http://en.kioskea.net/faq/1902-disab...e-the-touchpad

and here
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/913781.htm

nothing found online or on the device to enable/disable via hardware.

next?

Comment

If you boot with the USB mouse not attached, does the touchpad work?
      no

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_Mick
        I've created an account to file a bug w/ launchpad, etc.
        That would be the next place to go. I did Google and there are several such bug reports on Sony touchpads already.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Snowhog... thank you. I've never submitted anything there but am logged into my account. Can you suggest the most efficient way of filing this problem with them? Again, thank you.

Comment

Just tell them what you have - Sony VPCZ112GX laptop running Kubuntu Karmick 9.10. Also tell them what version of KDE you are using. just open any application and click on Help > About KDE. Then describe the problem and what you've already tried.

Comment

done here

https://launchpad.net/vpcz112gx

i'll report back anything that may help owners of same device in the future.

Comment

If I were you, I would uninstall the packages I had you install. They didn't solve the problem, and I for one, don't like having 'extra baggage' on my system.

Hey, if the only thing you don't have working on the Sony is the touchpad, you're doing good!

Comment

If I were you, I would uninstall the packages I had you install. They didn't solve the problem, and I for one, don't like having 'extra baggage' on my system.

Hey, if the only thing you don't have working on the Sony is the touchpad, you're doing good!
                  i'll do precisely as you suggest. very much appreciate the time you've given to the question.

here's the device
                  http://microcenter.com/single_produc...uct_id=0330321

i've replaced the intel wifi with an atheros chipset from the eeepc. awesome. yes. the trackpad is the last thing not working (and it's not from lack of trying!). love this thing's performance.

kubuntu's been my favorite distro for a long time. while i'm aware of the caveats with a sony, i've yet to find better specs in this form factor.

Comment

You're welcome. I've received much help here in KFN in the years I've been a member. I try to give back as and when I can.

Comment

I have a Sony Vaio VCPF122FX with the same problems. Tried to follow all the steps but no success. If one day I get it working somehow, I'll leave a feedback.

Comment

Working...
                      X