This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: version 2.9 of xserver-xorg-video-intel

In my particular case with the NVIDIA card and Karmic my monitor was not detected correctly. No mater what I did it kept the sync and refresh for my laptop. The file itself is definitely not deprecated. I actually posted the changes I had to make in the Ubuntu Help Wiki for Macs.

As for the xorg.conf file, it might not be there but you can add it to override the probed settings if they are incorrect. I let nvidia-settings create the basic xorg.conf file for me then I cut and paste it into Kate and made the necessary changes. I have never had luck using dpkg-reconfigure with legit problems. It usually requires some manual intervention.

Fifteen years I've been a proud Linux user and you still gotta hack xorg.conf. :P
    linux && bash = "the future"

Comment

Good news !

I got it working using a (GNOME) GUI, I will write a HOWTO shortly, but because life may drag me into something else, please feel free to bug me if I haven't posted a link from here in a cday or two. The bottomline is that it works like a charm between my Dell Mini 9 and my HDTV

Comment

Done!
        http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...5118#msg205118

Comment

Working...
        X