This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(resolved but not solved) setting up the svideo port in 9.04

I have just installed Jaunty 9.04. I want to be able to connect my tv to the s-video port and be able to watch tv, dvd's, netflix, etc through my tv like I used to be able to do with windows xp.

I have the s-video cable plugged in but cant seem to figure out how to set up, or where the settings are or what to set. I couldn't find what I need to know in the forums. Could someone please advise me.

Please be advised: I'm a newbie - you could easily be talking above my brain capacity if you get really technical.

I have an HP Pavilion ze4949us laptop, Intel extreme graphics 2, 1.5GHz Intel Centrino Mobile Technology-Intel Pentium M Processor 715, 1024 MB DDR SDRAM, Kbuntu 9.04.
    HP Pavilion ze4949us laptop, Intel extreme graphics 2, 1.5GHz Intel Centrino Mobile Technology-Intel Pentium M Processor 715, 1024 MB DDR SDRAM, Kubuntu 10.04.  Not a fast powerhouse but it works.

Re: setting up the svideo port in 9.04

i have the same problem with my acer Extensa 5620Z

Comment

See ATI S-Video on Ubuntu 9.04 WORKING !!! which might provide you with insight into getting this resolved.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

After working on this for the last few months I have come to the conclusion that this is just a losing battle. The hardware in this little old laptop is just no longer being supported by anyone. After looking into hp and searching many forums I still haven't found a solution. Kubuntu just will not recognize the s-video port in this laptop. I have tried everything that has been suggested. The only drivers that will recognize it is windows xp. I will NOT go back to windows. The s-video will just have to be sacrificed. Which is not really that big a deal- It would have been nice to have every device on this machine work. Besides I have upgraded to K10.04 and even on this little old machine it still out runs windows.
        HP Pavilion ze4949us laptop, Intel extreme graphics 2, 1.5GHz Intel Centrino Mobile Technology-Intel Pentium M Processor 715, 1024 MB DDR SDRAM, Kubuntu 10.04.  Not a fast powerhouse but it works.

Comment

Re: (resolved but not solved) setting up the svideo port in 9.04

Ubuntu broke (yes, I know it's xorg and driver support and whatever...) Intel graphics support at 9.04. You might try and older version of (K)Ubuntu and see if it works there.

Also, try this website for info http://intellinuxgraphics.org/

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
          X