This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Distorted screen Kubuntu Intrepid

Well, it's nice to see it worked. Like I said, a faulty burn can give undue headaches. As Liquidator pointed out, it's always recommended to do a slow burn of the image. As to reasons why Jaunty is better? For starters, support will go for 18 months, Intripid only has 12 more months of support. More importantly, Jaunty has come with improved driver support, stability, faster boot times among others. I think it's worth the try although you can upgrade over an Intrepid install, however, seeing you're new to Linux and haven't yet done the install, I'd just go for Jaunty.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

Re: Distorted screen Kubuntu Intrepid

Seconded.
      Glad you seem to have made some headway

Comment

[solved] Re: Distorted screen Kubuntu Intrepid

I just wanted you guys who were helping me on this one to know that the problem does seem to have been a corrupted CD. I went ahead this weekend & downloaded jaunty 9.04. Ran the check-sum, everything matched. I then burned a DVD, using the slower speeds as recommended, and it came out error free.

I have succesfully installed Jaunty on my system alongside Windows XP(Dual Boot). I used the manual partitioner that was part of the Jaunty DVD. Everything is running well so far.

Any of my next questions will be under the 9.04 section.

Thanks to Princey & Liquidator who were helpting me out!
        System<br />HP Pavilion 061 with dual boot,&nbsp; Kubuntu Lucid 10.04 &amp; Windows XP Professional SP3<br />model#: PU061AV<br />X-86 based PC<br />AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+1.79GHz<br />2 GB of RAM<br />Video:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (dedicated)<br />hard drive: Maxtor 6Y080M0, 60GB

Comment

Re: [Solved] Distorted screen Kubuntu Intrepid

I'm glad to know that your problem has been resolved.
          Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

Working...
          X