This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture managment application

I need an application that can change more picture at the same time, and I need an auto resize option,
    so that I just write let say 100 as width and the length will shrink automaticly in proportion of width "shrinkage".
    DigiKam dosen't have this option niether GIMP or GwainView...
    Thanks in advance!
    I'm magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Re: Picture managment application

gwenview and digikam should, as both make use of the Kipi Plugins. it should be under Plugins >> Batch Processing >> resize images.

I use it fairly often.

Comment

Originally posted by Primoz
      I need an application that can change more picture at the same time, and I need an auto resize option,
      so that I just write let say 100 as width and the length will shrink automaticly in proportion of width "shrinkage".
      DigiKam dosen't have this option niether GIMP or GwainView...
      Thanks in advance!
      Have you tried ImageMagick? It's got a very flexible command-line tool called "convert," which does exactly what you described (and much more).
      Registered Linux User: #281828 | Kubuntu User: #22280

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
      Dell Precision Workstation T5500 (Xeon @ 2.13GHz x 2 / 12 GB RAM)

Comment

Interesting enough I needed ImageMagicK to shrink pictures in Digikam, so thanks to both.
        The only down side is there is no yes to all which is quite irritating >

Comment

using gwenview/digikam's batch plugin, you can set the overwrite mode to ask, rename, always overwrite, etc, never needed to do a 'yes' for each picture. once I set up the folder and size info, it just went through all my selected images and resized them

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
            using gwenview/digikam's batch plugin, you can set the overwrite mode to ask, rename, always overwrite, etc, never needed to do a 'yes' for each picture. once I set up the folder and size info, it just went through all my selected images and resized them
            thanks I really need this, well I really didn't look hard into the programe, but I shall look at it and set it.

Comment

The plugins are quite interesting. I have used gwenview for a while, and digikam occaisionally, but I keep finding interesting tools in the plugins area. My current fave is the 'export to HTML Gallery' one. I didn't realize it was for [url-http://gallery.menalto.com/]Gallery[/url], um , galleries, and I have maintained some of those for a couple of websites and didn't know I could log in and upload straight from the image apps!

Comment

how to
                a) shrink the size
                b) redifine the resolution
                of all pictures beeing in a directory?

Comment

Originally posted by calligrafan View Post
                  how to
                  a) shrink the size
                  b) redifine the resolution
                  of all pictures beeing in a directory?
                  Welcome to the world of "imagemagick". Install that package, then either
                  a) in terminal window type convert | more and read lots, or
                  b) lose yourself at http://www.imagemagick.org for a while.

Assuming you have command line skills, I suggest making a copy of the files into a directory, change into that directory in a konsole and
                  Code:
                  mogrify -resize 1920x1080 *.jpg
                  then see if the size is acceptable; my wife's phone produces 3264 by 2448 1.5 to 2.3 MiB files, and that mogrify reduces them to 1440x1080 and 300 to 500 kB. Adding -quality 75 reduced them to 150 to 330 kiB.

Regards, John Little
                  Regards, John Little

Comment

For simple and immediate resizing task I use a set of service menus called "kim". I'm a right-click away from resizing and jpg compression. Great for quick and dirty resizes for posting pics in forums and the like.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                    X