This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kubuntu Gutsy offline?? [Not really solved]

No I know that. I have reported it in Launchpad and offered to mentor, but not heard anything yet. Like you I too thought that I had found a solution when I went into Vista and changed the firewall in Windows Live Care as then it connected okay. However the very next time, did not connect again! Seems to sometimes connect okay, then others not? Anyway, all I can say is report it on Launchpad as the more that do the more likely it is that it will get sorted. Something has definately been changed in Knetwork!

TG >

Comment

Can you point me (link) to your bugreport?
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
        Can you point me (link) to your bugreport?
        Sorry Fintan I have tried to find it, but can't, I must confess that I find launchpad to be a minefield to even report a bug, never mind try and find it again! It took me ages to file it and I can remember that I did choose the mentoring choice as well, but I was also trying to report Kopete at the same time. I personally don't find it easy to report anything on there, its confusing because it is all geared towards Ubuntu, Kubuntu isn't even mentioned!

TG >

Comment

Yes it can be confusing for the uninitiated. But then again it is meant for developers.

anyway here it is:
          https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/134670
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Fintan since my fruitless search for my bug report, I have since received an e-mail on the matter, and luckily it included the url so here is my bug report url.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/134670

TG Oops sorry for that hadn't read your latest post, you found it yourself!

Comment

Yeps
              4 GB Ram
              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Well I still have this connection problem! Also after the updates this morning, Kontact was acting up for me as well although it seems okay now. Strange that the first tribes were fairly stable and as we move along we seem to be going backwards! (getting worse each new tribe) Do you agree?

TG

Comment

Originally posted by technogran
                  Well I still have this connection problem! Also after the updates this morning, Kontact was acting up for me as well although it seems okay now. Strange that the first tribes were fairly stable and as we move along we seem to be going backwards! (getting worse each new tribe) Do you agree?

TG
                  I have also been having no end of trouble with networking. I am testing Gutsy on an ASUS Notebook connected to a Netgear Wireless router via the ethernet port. This does not always work and I have found that if I have my total system off for a couple of hours and then bring it up it works sometimes. When it does not work I can still ping other computers on my LAN but cannot connect to the internet. Disabling and Enabling the ports does not solve the problem. I have found the package Knemo useful for monitoring the ports. I should mention that I have changed my connections so the the IP address is manually defined. I find that some of the settings are changed and I need to change them back and reboot.

My Wireless connection no longer works. The wireless light on the Notebook is on after booting. The wireless is 802.11a/b/g+BT and is on the eth1 port. The iwconfig gives the following.

eth1 unassociated ESSID:"Fawlty_Towers"
                  Mode:Managed Frequency=2.462 GHz Access Point: 00:14:6C:F4:19:16
                  Bit Rate:0 kb/s Tx-Power:16 dBm
                  Retry limit:15 RTS thrff Fragment thrff
                  Power Managementff
                  Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0
                  Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
                  Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:13 Missed beacon:0

I tried setting up the wireless using wlassistant which, in the menu, is Wireless Assistant - Wireless LAN Manager. This creats a file wlassistantwpa in ~/.kde/share/config/. On my system it has the following entry:
                  ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
                  network={
                  scan_ssid=0
                  ssid="Fawlty_Towers"
                  proto=WPA
                  key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
                  pairwise=
                  group=WEP
                  psk="pass phrase"
                  }
                  You will not find wpa_supplicant in the above file as it is in /sbin. I tried changing the directory to /sbin and after that did not work I created a symbolic link to it in /var/run. That also did not work. So I think there are some outstanding errors in wlassistant. (BTW XP Pro works fine on my notebook.)

I think that this problem is one of the worst to experience as it is necessary to connect to the internet to get the update to fix the problem. I certainly hope to see a solution ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                  X