Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost Sound Support After Installing Realtek Drivers...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lost Sound Support After Installing Realtek Drivers...

Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy
    Was it suppose to?
    Wasn't expecting this single change would, but it was the easiest step to take. The loading of the driver that you did almost certainly made changes to the alsa-base file (in /etc/modprobe.d), but exactly what, I can't tell you. You can look in that directory (/ect/modprob.d) and see if there is a backup copy of the alsa-base file (would be alsa-base~ most likely, if it exists). If there is, you can rename the alsa-base file (as root) to say, alsa-base_NOSOUND and then rename the alsa-base~ to alsa-base (sudo mv alsa-base~ alsa-base) and perform a normal shutdown and reboot.

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Nope, no backup file for alsa-base, but you know what? I just installed Gutsy earlier this morning; surely it won't hurt me to lose one day, would it? Case in point: I am just going to reformat and reinstall Gutsy.

Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

As you don't have anything to loose, this is a good approach. Just remember your own stated advise: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X