This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu PPC

I have a bondi blue 233Mhz G3 iMac. I can't get it to boot properly. It won't respond to the keyboard or mouse.

Help!

Re: Kubuntu PPC

Can you give, other details? Like the type of keyboard you use, how you installed Kubuntu, other more specific details. We can't solve the problem without further infos.

Comment

Re: Kubuntu PPC live CD boot problem

I am seeing a similar thing with mine.  I am booting the 5.10 live CD and it cranks up fine, seems to be setting up the system, then *poof*, just at the point I would expect the KDE splash screen to appear, the monitor on my imac goes click and the button turns orange (from green).  I can still hear the CD churning, and eventually I hear a "ta da" type sound play and all is quiet.

I imagine there is a desktop sitting there waiting for me to do something but, like the user above, I can't get much action out of it.  The only thing that seemed to wake the imac up was a control-option-delete, which I thought might kill X.  It does kill X, but then X starts again...

What I have not tried is to go to another console session.  However, I'm not sure what I'd type once I got there anyway.

PS. I am using all the "stock" Apple hardware that came with the imac, blue keyboard, round awful mouse, etc. (all USB).

Comment

Re: Kubuntu PPC

I have the same problem. Kubuntu appears to boot just fine, then it freezes up at login. Or rather the keyboard seems to be non functional. The mouse moves around fine, but won't click any of the icons on the login window. I have an iMac G3 600 mhz.

Comment

Working...
        X