This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to Dapper Flight 5

Any way to upgrade to Dapper without wiping my partitions and starting from scratch?

Re: Upgrade to Dapper Flight 5

Originally posted by fraterf93
    Any way to upgrade to Dapper without wiping my partitions and starting from scratch?
    sure

open Konsole
    then type sudo apt-get update
    then sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

there you have flight5

Comment

then sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
      Konsole says "the update command takes no arguments"

Comment

sry I typed the command wrong. But now this is what I get: brant@imacubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
        Reading package lists... Done
        Building dependency tree... Done
        Calculating upgrade... Done
        0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

So... how do I find out if I'm running Dapper or Breezy?

Comment

sry I typed the command wrong. But now this is what I get: brant@imacubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
          Reading package lists... Done
          Building dependency tree... Done
          Calculating upgrade... Done
          0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

So... how do I find out if I'm running Dapper or Breezy?
          you first need to do

sudo apt-get update
          and then you do sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Comment

If you're currently running Breezy, you also have to change your /etc/apt/sources.list repository references from breezy to dapper before 'updating' and 'dist-upgrading'

As Dapper is still alpha (though in a relatively advanced state and reported fairly stable), problems and breakage may occur.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
              If you're currently running Breezy, you also have to change your /etc/apt/sources.list repository references from breezy to dapper before 'updating' and 'dist-upgrading'

As Dapper is still alpha (though in a relatively advanced state and reported fairly stable), problems and breakage may occur.
              Hi all....im pretty new to this (linux).
              Can you type me the code to have acces to the source lits in konsole and can you give me your list for drapper......i am on 5.04 and would like to upgrade to drapper.

If this is not the way to go, can someone point me in the right direction.?

Plz be very smooth with your answer. kuzz im not shure of all i'm doing with linux. :P

Comment

Upgrading from 5.04 to 6.06 might result in a lot of breakage. You're jumping up two versions. You can try it, but if you have X.org problems or locale issues, don't be surprised.
                Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Working...
                X