This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just to slow...

I don't know why.. but everything is so slow.. pages loads slowers.. it's gettings sticky on "hard" pages like any GIF animated or whatever...

EVERYTHING IS SO SLOW >

My PC configuration is:
    AMD Athlon64 3000+
    Asus A8V Deluxe
    2X256 DDR KINGSTON (dual channel)
    200 GB SEAGATE 7200rpm
    NVIDIA GF5200

Tell me.. is there any reason to be that slower than windows
    .. I don't wanna change to any other OS but if you can't give me a hand I will..

Re: It's just to slow...

hmm, on my system things are not slow. im not sure why you are seeing this, do you have the nvidia drivers installed?

it might be a system conflict, such as an IRQ or something ... what does your dmesg say?

Comment

Here Kubuntu64 is quite fast on a similar system, apart from random gui corruption & some other little issues everything runs smoothly :
      Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo, Athlon64 3000+ processor, 2x512MB PC3200 Kingston Ram, MSI NX6600GT TD128E graphics card, 3 ata + 4 sata disks (Kubuntu installed on /dev/sb1)

Maybe it's because the system runs on a sata disk or the additional ram, but i guess your problem lies elsewhere...

Comment

I have the same motherboard. Make sure the quiet setting in your Bios is no turned on. That slows mine down running anything quite a bit.

Comment

On several amd64 systems you can sometimes get a permanent 50% soft interrupt load.
          Do a top and check. If you have this load modify your grub config in order to add
          noapic nolapic to the kernel boot options. That should make performance much better.
          According to my experience with my amd64 laptop you should not turn off the powernow stuff in your bios, but ymmv.

Btw, just threatening us with installing another OS you won't do any good. We are not getting paid to help you out. In return, it should be more than just to expect some cooperation and people actually trying to understand things and supplying us with as much information about Your Problems as possible. If you want to keep your attitude of a whining computer illiterate newbie, please do. I won't force you to do otherwise and I could not care less.

Comment

Would it work perfectly fine on a Pentium D 3.0 ghz EMT64 CPU?

Comment

Would what work fine on a EMT64 CPU?

Comment

Working...
              X