X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox32 as default?

This is probably a clueless question, but here goes anyway:
    I've got both Firefox 64 bit and Firefox 32 bit installed on my system. I installed the 32 bit so that I could use Flash media. I find that I'm using that one most of the time now.

But when I shut down at night, I leave my windows and tabs open. When I reboot the next day, Firefox restores the session.

The problem is, when it restores the session on bootup, it sends it right back into 64 bit mode! So, I have to restart 32 bit Firefox manually to get the media sites.

So, how do I change the defaults to make Firefox boot into the 32bit version -- or even better, whichever version I used last -- on startup? I can't seem to find anything in the system settings or Firefox preferences that address this.

Re: Firefox32 as default?

i see nobody has picked this one up...
    it's not that i have a solution.
    but maybe we can find some sort of work around.

how are the 2 binaries called?
    to find that out, you can right-click on their entries in the kmenu, then click "edit item", then look for the "command" textfield.

and where are they placed in the file systems?
    to find that out, you can open a konsole and type "which <command name previously found>".

post that, pls...

cheers
    gnu/linux is not windoze

Comment

Also, how have you configured the radio button in K>"System Settings">Advanced>"Session Manager">"On Login"?

Comment

Thanks, both, for replies.

jankushka, I opened up the Menu Editor. Neither version has a "work path" specified, if that's what you're asking. Both of them have "Enable Launch feedback" checked, and both use the [appname] %u command. I'm not sure what else I should be looking for.

askrieger, the radio button you refer to is selected for "restore previous session". That doesn't apparently differentiate between Firefox64 and Firefox32. Firefox64 is somehow the default, and I can't find where to change that.

Comment

I think you should change the commands that start the Firefoxes. The work paths are not relevant, the command is. Do you know the directories in which the two Firefox executables are located. In my case Firefox64, is located in /usr/bin and is therefore formally known as "/usr/bin/firefox", but /usr/bin/firefox is a script that starts /usr/lib/firefox/firefox-bin. In your case you should have two such scripts in /usr/bin with different names, and two different firefox-bin files, in different directories (probably /usr/lib32 and /usr/lib). So you want to have two separate launchers, one for each version, and you should change the command to read /usr/bin/<whatever(firefox32?)> %u instead of "firefox %u", since that seems to start ff64.

Comment

Working...
          X