X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Multi-OS Boot

Originally posted by Qqmike
    . . . oh, and when you re-boot to test it, you'll have to get that CD out of the tray (just a reminder)
    When I boot from the Kubuntu CD, I get SUSE wallpaper, and it looks a lot like the SUSE menus... KDE desktop (menus at bottom of screen etc., but it doesn't seem to respond to commands.

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    *****<br />&quot;I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow.&quot;<br /><br />~ Woodrow Wilson

Comment

If you are getting SUSE wallpaper, then you aren't booting from the LiveCD. Check you BIOS boot order settings. CD/DVD needs to be the first boot item. If it is listed further down in the list, then you are booting from you HD.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Gosh, it sounds like you are booting into SUSE!
        Is your BIOS set to boot first from CD? (It should be set that way, in the boot-sequence BIOS menu.) It sounds like BIOS is not booting from your Kubuntu Live CD . . .? Is that the regular Desktop Kubuntu CD or the Alternate Install Kubuntu CD? (The latter does not have Live CD capability.) But, anyway, it sounds like BIOS isn't booting the Kubuntu Live CD when you re-boot (with that Cd in the tray).

If you had a copy of the Super Grub Disk (Live CD), you could use that to boot into your K/Ubuntu.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike
          Gosh, it sounds like you are booting into SUSE!
          Is your BIOS set to boot first from CD? (It should be set that way, in the boot-sequence BIOS menu.) It sounds like BIOS is not booting from your Kubuntu Live CD . . .? Is that the regular Desktop Kubuntu CD or the Alternate Install Kubuntu CD? (The latter does not have Live CD capability.) But, anyway, it sounds like BIOS isn't booting the Kubuntu Live CD when you re-boot (with that Cd in the tray).

Well at least THAT part is solved -- I HAD ANOTHER CD (SUSE) IN MY 2ND CD DRIVE!.

So then I get to grub, but I gotta go back and track down the numbers I need for that command line...

Chuck

If you had a copy of the Super Grub Disk (Live CD), you could use that to boot into your K/Ubuntu.
          *****<br />&quot;I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow.&quot;<br /><br />~ Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Gotta love them 'user induced' errors!
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
              Gotta love them 'user induced' errors!
              Now be nice to us poor muddle-minded folks...

CB

Comment

Well, the show is still running strong. Now we have more CD OSes than we know what to do with, huh? I didn’t want to miss the root – setup – quit – SUCCESS part of this show during my brief nap there. Come on guys, wake up, it’s ‘nother day of this!
                An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                X