• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Change CPU

Thanks, i'm in the movement....

Comment

How i can seen real speed my FSB? I think its works too slowly, and at start system to get speed is 33Mhz.

Comment

It should be in your bios.

A 500 celeron has a 66mhz fsb.
        Before you change anything I would note the present bios settings so if there is a problem and you have to clear the cmos you can recover your previous settings.
        If you set it too high the system might not boot.
        If something happens and the system can't even boot to get back into the bios you would have to clear the cmos. You might be able to do this with a clear cmos jumper on the motherboard or by removing the cmos battery for a few minutes.
        Just make sure that you have a recovery plan ahead of time in case something goes wrong.

Comment

Hi, so, i changed the bios file, and find out,that i have last BIOS in the my system, 2000 y. And why system sent message about 33 Mhz? I don't understand. Replace the bios was rerecord successfully. Nothing to change.

Comment

I didn't mean that you should update your bios code. I meant that if you enter your bios on boot, usually by pressing del(delete) during the boot process, you should be able to find the settings. They are probably under something like chipset setup.

Comment

Sorry, i made a mistake with FSB speed and HDD bus one. I have 33mhz on the my HDD BUS in the my system,but i saw about 66 mhz support in the manual on the my MB and chipset , there's I440ZX.

Comment

Directly speaking about to change CPU: i tried to install Celeron 1000 Coppermine technology. There's fully support my MB! It's good. Thanks for all helpers. Two troubles are remain, there are about HDD BUS SPEF and DIMM memory. I wrote earlier.

Comment

Working...
                X