This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Plasma Default panel on Multiple montiors

In Gnome I can have the default panel and task bar on Multiple monitors, and windows from that monitor will show only on that monitor. How do I move the Default KDE panel, the one that has the clock, etc So it is displayed on Multiple Monitors?

I have 3 monitor, and created a default Panel but no matter what Settings I try to use/do I cannot move it to another monitor.

To a move a panel, right click it and click "edit panel" then hold down the "Screen Edge" button and drag it.

However, you say you want it displayed on multiple monitors, so you will need to a create a panel on each monitor and then add what widgets you want on each panel.

Comment

I can move a panel, but I cannot move the KDE default panel. How do you move the KDE default panel?

Comment

You can move a panel to a different screen, by clicking and holding the 'screen edge' handle, dragging it to the side. You might have hold it there momentarily, but you should be able to drag it to the adjacent monitor. Not sure if this is specific to any Plasma version . A 'default' panel is no different than a blank one in terms of moving - you still need to right click on it and select the 'edit panel' options to reveal the handle, etc.

The only way to have identical panels on each monitor (without having mirrored screens) is to create one on the new monitor by adding a new default panel -- right click on the desktop and then Add Panel >> Default Panel .
        Then you can edit the task manager on it to only show applications from only that screen, or other settings to your liking.

Comment

Again, I cannot move the Default KDE panel to another monitor. There 4 options for creating panels in KDE. The KDE Default Panel is the only one I cannot move. When I create any panels, All panels are created on the primary monitor. And then I have to move them. The KDE default panel has the clock, and notification area. The other panels do not have the clock and notification area.

The KDE default panel appears at the top of my monitor, when created. I have found no way to move that panel. All other Panels can be moved, except the KDE Default panel.

Comment

Originally posted by robertsaron View Post
            The KDE default panel appears at the top of my monitor, when created. I have found no way to move that panel. All other Panels can be moved, except the KDE Default panel.
            If you can't move it at all, then it is Locked and must be unlocked in order to do anything with it.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Sure you can
              At least I can:

yeah, I should have maybe done a 'follow-the-cursor" screen grab, may do that a little later, if it helps.

Okay:

But, then again, why not just create one on the second screen? Or, if you want it only on one screen, set that one as the Primary screen? This will move the panel there automatically.
              Last edited by claydoh; Mar 12, 2021, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                If you can't move it at all, then it is Locked and must be unlocked in order to do anything with it.
                Not in recent Plasma versions, locking is not available via the GUI as well as unnecessary for most, via ui improvements that negate the need to do this outside of a manual config edit.

Comment

Originally posted by robertsaron View Post
                  Again, I cannot move the Default KDE panel to another monitor. There 4 options for creating panels in KDE. The KDE Default Panel is the only one I cannot move. When I create any panels, All panels are created on the primary monitor. And then I have to move them. The KDE default panel has the clock, and notification area. The other panels do not have the clock and notification area.

That's not what I'm seeing at all here. using fully updated 20.10 - the default panel, when added, appears at the top like you said (different from 20.04 where it appears at the bottom). Then a simple right-click anywhere on the panel opens the menu, clicking on "Edit Panel" expands the edit panel and has "Screen Edge" right in the middle. I had no trouble moving the 2nd or 3rd default panels to any edge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Groovy_2021-03-12_13:37:59.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	645084

Maybe there's a problem in your user folder. Try creating a second user and logging in to see if your results are the same.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                  X