This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Folders opening in new tab in Dolphin instead of new window

i just installed the latest ksmooth dock and got it setup the way i like. 1 dock for browsers / email, and 1 dock for a dolphin shortcut and various folders i want quick access to. when i first setup the folders dock when i'd click a folder on it the folder would open in a new dolphin window, which is the behavior i wanted. after all the updates for the beta kubuntu backports that behavior changed. i normally keep one dolphin window open with 3 tabs, and when i click on any one of the folders on the dock it opens in a new dolphin window, but i noticed shortly after all the backport updates when i click any of the folders on the tab they open in a new tab on my main opened tabbed dolphin window. i'm hoping the updates just changed some minor setting i can change back, but honestly haven't seen any such setting in the dolphin settings. thoughts please, thanks.

running kubuntu 19.10 64 bit
    Last edited by Grave Digger; Nov 15, 2019, 08:31 AM.

Well I'd start here:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191115_140926.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	644382
    but you might look at the dock setting to see if your Dolphin start commands are "normal" whatever that is. I don't use the dock so I'm not sure how that works, but it seems like it should have a config file somewhere.

Kinda sounds like Dolphin is defaulting to something. There also is a setting to "Remember..." properties or to "Use common..." properties for folders.

Please Read Me

Comment

that did the trick, told you it was something simple i was over looking. don't know if the updates ticked it or if i accidentally ticked it. thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
      X