This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD-Rs mount as LinuxUDF

I recently heard that Linux Mint is discontinuing support for KDE, so I thought now would be a good time to switch back to Kubuntu. After installing Kubuntu, all of my burned BD-Rs are mounting as "LinuxUDF" instead of their proper labels. ( I tested a DVD and one of my DVD-Rs, and both of them mounted with their proper names.) Under Linux Mint, I didn't have this problem.

I used a different method to burn the BD-Rs than the DVD-Rs (cdrecord instead of K3B). I followed this guide. I'm wondering if that's what is causing the issue. However, the guide says

By default, mkudffs will name the image "LinuxUDF" on mount, to change this, add the additional argument:

> mkudffs --vid="My Label" MYBLURAY-DISC.udf
    And I followed this step every time! So, given that these labels are showing up with Linux Mint KDE, but not Kubuntu...what's going on here?

I can't say why Mint is acting differently, but if you use a full label instead of --vids it seems to work. @here, I did;

mkudffs --vid="My Label" MYBLURAY-DISC.udf

and got your result. But when I did;

mkudffs -l "My Label" MYBLURAY-DISC.udf

I got the desired result in Dolphin;

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181227_104015.png
Views:	1
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	644083

From mkudffs --help;

stuart@office:~$ mkudffs --help
    mkudffs from udftools 2.0
    Usage:
    mkudffs [options] device [blocks-count]
    Options:
    --help, -h Display this help
    --label=, -l UDF label, synonym for both --lvid and --vid (default: LinuxUDF)
    --uuid=, -u UDF uuid, first 16 characters of Volume set identifier (default: random)

Guessing that Dolphin is reading the "lvid" label instead of the "vid" label.

EDIT:

My guess above is confirmed. If you use --lvid Dolphin reads the label when mounted.
    Last edited by oshunluvr; Dec 27, 2018, 09:44 AM.

Please Read Me

Comment

Is there no way to get Dolphin to read the vid instead of the lvid?

I don't think I can change the lvid on a Blu-Ray disk that's been burned and closed...

Comment

Originally posted by JustinBailey View Post
        Is there no way to get Dolphin to read the vid instead of the lvid?

I don't think I can change the lvid on a Blu-Ray disk that's been burned and closed...
        I have no way of answering that. Find the developer/maintainer of Dolphin (usually in the docs or config file as a remark) and ask them. I agree that a closed disc is probably not going to be changeable.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X