This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Upgrade 18.04 to 20.04 errors

Probably unwisely, I decided to go down the upgrade route rather than a clean install.

The first upgrade stalled. When I rebooted I had to run a bash command - this opened a route to resuming the interrupted install.

After the upgrade routine finshed, the update info showed that I still had 902 files to update. I ran sudo apt update

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201021_103720.png
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	649671

I'd be grateful for advice. BTW this is a triple boot PC with W10 and Linux Mint 18.3
    Last edited by JoHubb; Oct 21, 2020, 03:52 AM.

When I rebooted I had to run a bash command
    What was this, exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      What was this, exactly?
      Sorry, I did not make a note of it. It was offered in the Konsole. It was not something I found somewhere else.

The instruction was along the lines, that 'the previous installation was interrupted, if you wish to continue.'...and the command ended with --a

Comment

ok
        Probably was
        sudo dpkg --configure -a

Usually with this command which tries to finish installing and configuring packages it is useful to then run

sudo apt install -f

Which will try installing any missing packages.

Try this and see if it helps. You can try these multiple times.

Note any error messages

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks very much.

No joy. I get a variety of error messages. I am posting the latest. Some of these refer to Chromium. I have the Chromium browser but I have not been able to uninstall it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chromium error.jpg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	644890Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-10-21_16-20-42.jpg
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	644891

Comment

Today morning.

I ran sudo apt full-upgrade and pressed Enter when the Chromium snap thing came up.

20.04 installed without a hitch! I've been using it for several hours now, and did a couple of re-starts. All good!

I've not begun to explore the new version much but a few things stand out - a greatly improved Status and Notification list of options from the taskbar, including night colour control.

Thanks for advice.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted!

Comment

Working...
              X