This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the reinstall it's working great.
    Even figured out a couple other things that were bugging me.
    Greg
    W9WD

Comment

Originally posted by GregM View Post
      Kubuntu 18.04

I use Dolphin, but unless I start Dolphin first and then plug in the thumb drive it does not show up on the left side of the screen.
      If I start Dolphin and then plug in the thumb drive it does show up.
      Is there a setting somewhere that I can change so the thumb drive does show up when I start Dolphin and the thumb drive has already been plugged in?

Hi. Try: http://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2018/02/au...n-kubuntu.html
      Regards Barry H

Comment

I always use Dolphin. It is up and running at the beginning of my session/day, because it's there at the end of my day/session. And I think GregM is right in that Dolphin needs to be running, because it needs to capture an event - it does not look for drives that it has not been configured to see in a live environment. So when a thumb drive (or any other block device) is attached to a USB port, there is an event generated which any running software that is setup to see that type of event can detect. It shows up in dmesg, and it shows up in Dolphin. The exception, I believe from my observations, is that if the drive has no filesystem, the only place it can show up is in the logs/dmesg and of course fdisk/gparted.
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Working...
        X