This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mount CD/DVD files in GUI

i am searching for an alternative to Daemon tools.

i found furiusisomount: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/bionic/...furiusisomount

but it is a GTK and i am not sure how well it is actually maintained.

I then looked at CDEmu, but this one has by default a gnome interface.
    KDE store offers KDE CDemu manager: https://store.kde.org/p/998461/

but this has to be compiled from source. is there a .deb file or snap or something for this kind of thing? i would expect this functionality to be provided out of the box or at least with an easier way to install it. especially since many new laptops do not have CD/DVD drives available.

Are you just looking to mount ISOs? You can use Dolhpin to do that with this simple Service Menu:

/home/<YOUR USERNAME>/.local/share/kservices5/ServiceMenus/iso_mounter_unmounter.desktop

Code:
    [Desktop Entry]Type=Service
    ServiceTypes=KonqPopupMenu/Plugin
    MimeType=application/x-cd-image
    Actions=mount;unmount;
    X-KDE-Priority=TopLevel
    X-KDE-StartupNotify=false
    Icon=application-x-cd-image
    X-KDE-Submenu=Mount/unmount image

[Desktop Action unmount]
    Name=Unmount
    Icon=edit-redo
    Exec=which fuser fusermount; if [ "$?" != "0" ];then kdialog --icon=ks-error --title="Unmount ISO-9660 Image" --passivepopup="[Error] Please install fuser and fusermount command and try again."; exit 1; else fuser -k %f; fusermount -u "$(ls "%f"|sed 's/.iso$//')"; rm -fr "$(ls "%f"|sed 's/.iso$//')"; kdialog --icon=ks-media-optical-umount --title="Unmount ISO-9660 Image" --passivepopup="[Finished] $(basename %f) unmounted.";fi

[Desktop Action mount]
    Name=Mount
    Icon=circular-arrow-shape
    Exec=which fuseiso; if [ "$?" != "0" ];then kdialog --icon=ks-error --title="Mount ISO-9660 Image" --passivepopup="[Error] Please install fuseiso command and try again."; exit 1; else ~/.bin/iso_manager-mount-image.sh %F;fi
    You have to install "fuseiso"

Please Read Me

Comment

There is also gnome-disk-utility which can do the trick. But this also a gnome program

Krusader, a very nice filemanager for kde, does open isofiles as if they are zip-files. Just doubleclicking on the will open the iso-file
      Last edited by v7peer; Feb 23, 2019, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X