This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde connect again

I have recently had to change phones because my old phone is no longer supported and is constantly heating up. I had KDE Connect installed and it worked well, most of the time. I bought a Huawei Y5 2017 phone recently (sorry, Trump) and am trying to get it paired with Kubuntu 18.04.1, but no dice. I have the program installed on the phone, and the program on the computer shows it recognizes the phone, and the phone recognizes my OS, but when I try to pair, I keep getting an error message--Error trying to pair. Time out. I also can't seem to transfer the few photos and videos in the internal memory of my previous phone to the computer--KDE Connect crashes after a few transfers. What could be the problem--or problems here? How can I fix it/them?

With a little playing around I got the program to work well enough to transfer directly from my phone to the computer. Takes longer, but at least it worked. Trying to get it to work from the computer should be much faster, but I still get crashes--perhaps due to the WiFi, which my provider wants to upgrade (at a monthly cost, of course). I like KDE Connect when it works right, especially since I can't download pictures from my phone using a wired connection.

Comment

I'm glad you got it working. Perhaps it's slow because of the bandwidth sharing with the Chinese looking into your phone and now your Linux machine <grin>. Good luck with the new phone, it's a pain though switching.
      "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

I've had iffy results with KDE connect. Never really figured out any reasons. Hare, it seems to decide to unpair and forget my phone fairly often.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X