This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A reminder

18.04 will become EOL (End of Life) next month (April). Unless you have a locked down 18.04 and aren't concerned about the loss of support and security/maintenance updates, you should be looking at upgrading to 20.04, which as an LTS, will continue to receive support through April 2023.

Upgrading 18.04 to 20.04 is much easier while 18.04 is still 'active'; it's repositories haven't been archived.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Snowhog, when will we close down the 18.04 section here on KFN?

Comment

I'll close/move the forum to EOL Releases late evening on April 30th.

Comment

Fair to point out 18.04 will still get Ubuntu maintenance updates until 10/22

Please Read Me

Comment

This came off my 18.04 server and I found it interesting:

Code:
          [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#54FF54][B]smith@server[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]:[/COLOR][COLOR=#5454FF][B]~[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]$ ubuntu-support-status[/COLOR]
          Support status summary of 'server':

You have 933 packages (85.8%) supported until April 2023 (Canonical - 5y)
          You have 52 packages (4.8%) supported until April 2021 (Community - 3y)
          You have 2 packages (0.2%) supported until April 2021 (Canonical - 3y)

You have 2 packages (0.2%) that can not/no-longer be downloaded
          You have 99 packages (9.1%) that are unsupported

Run with --show-unsupported, --show-supported or --show-all to see more details

[/FONT]

Please Read Me

Comment

Your server (headless) is running Ubuntu 18.04, is it not?

See: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EOL

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. I need to take a little time and do this, always from scratch. Also may be coming time to build a new PC, mine is from 2015. Good thing I write all those how-to's -- just have to budget a little time to review things and do it! Ha! That's the good thing about Linux -- you learn, then you keep learning/reviewing/updating. I've been on cruise control since 2015 (PC build) and 2018 K 18.04 (OS install), so I can't complain. Thanks, again.
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                Your server (headless) is running Ubuntu 18.04, is it not?

See: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EOL
                Yes, I'm aware that the EOL for Ubuntu SERVER 18.04 LTS is April, 2023

I have no reason to upgrade to 20.04. I may just skip it and go straight to 22.04.
                Last edited by oshunluvr; Mar 24, 2021, 06:26 AM.

Please Read Me

Comment

How does one upgrade, assuming one does not want to install from scratch?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoFistedJustice View Post
                    How does one upgrade, assuming one does not want to install from scratch?

https://kubuntu.org/news/kubuntu-20-...been-released/ leads to
                    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FocalUpgrades/Kubuntu

Comment

Working...
                    X