Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No insight, as riddell and the team have not announced anything yet, but the plan looks to be to turn distribution upgrade option on and provide an upgrade (a la 16.04 to 18.04). They have not done this before so details are not all worked out, but it should be some time after Bionic is released

Comment

If you have the ppa's that I have, you would now have Kernel Version 4.15.0.9 installed as well as a lot of other packages.

I was rather surprised that Kernel 4.15.0.9 insisted on removing i386 packages as part on the installation process. I let it do that and after the installation was finished, I re-installed the i386 package it insisted on removing. This is now working to my satisfaction.

My impression is that the 4.15 kernel makes my system faster. I am not sure it is worth doing any measurements as I have this distribution on a usb 3.0 memory stick. I will be interest to know if anyone else has this kernel and what their impressions are regarding speed of boot and the desktop response.

Comment

On this Valentine's Day I thought I would show three things that have been added to Bionic since I showed my last Info Centre image. After all there is the saying third time lucky and indeed since these 3 bionic events on my desktop have happened and all is going well, I am indeed a very lucky person.

Now for the Info Image:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bionic_14_Feb_2018.png
Views:	1
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	643789

I hope the neon evangelists are able to keep up with this rapid pace of development.

Comment

Working...
        X