This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folder sharing hell

I'm having a hell of time setting up a shared folder on my network. I would pull out my hair, but that ship sailed in my 30s.

I have a folder on my PC that I shared using the dialog box in dolphin. My understanding is that it creates a share via samba usershares.

I want the shared folder to only be accessible to users who have the right login and password.

So I set up a folder which only I have r/w permission. In the share tab: I have Everyone blank, myself r/w, and other users deny.

However whenever I access that folder from another PC, I can read the directory contents and no password authentication is needed.

I had this setup right previously, but I changed the folder structure and for teh life of me I can remember what I did.

Setting up samba shares using Dolphin is always sketchy. You really need to edit smb.conf on the target computer.

As far as password access, my recollection is the users all need to have an account on the samba server with a samba password. I haven't messed with samba in years tho so my info might be out-of-date

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
    X