This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome 'Bookmarks Bar' Folders Slow to Access

I have Folders across my Chrome "Bookmarks Bar" so obviously I can click on a Folder and get a Dropdown of Bookmarks. But it's super slow to get access to them. When I click on a Folder it takes too long for them to form a dropdown. This has been an issue since I started using Kubuntu 18.04. Does anyone else have this issue?
    Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF, 8GB RAM, i7 3770, Kubuntu 18.04, MB 051FJ8

Do you mean clicking on "Other Bookmarks" to see the bookmark folders? NO - no problem here at all. Super fast

Please Read Me

Comment

Tested a folder in the bookmarks bar. Same - super fast.

Please Read Me

Comment

No problem here either.

Comment

Thanks, thinking of Torching the install on that laptop as it's really caused me to many problems anyhow. Still having issues with Wifi not connecting every time. I made another change and will see what happens, if it does not connect once more it's gone. This install with the Folder Dropdown issue otherwise works very well for an old Windows 7 laptop with what I believe to be horrible hardware lol, too bad as all the work I've done trying to make it work.

Somehow botched a Windows 7 Dual Boot Kubuntu 16.04 with last night, it works but... It's on a better pc though with all Intel stuff, and I think I'll get better performance out of it.

Comment

Weird, I'd spent lot's of time with this laptop, with a new HDD, teardown and cleanup, new Keyboard, and things still are not just right. But like I said earlier, other than a few little things performance is real good, internal, browsing etc. Using the Cube without any issues also.

Comment

Working...
            X