This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Crackling and distortion coming from my laptop speakers

Hello this is my first post here, and I'm new to all things Linux.

My laptop speakers have been making mild crackling noises and very prominent distortion whenever I play any audio of any kind of my laptop making listening to music a pain to listen to.

But another twist to the tale is that when I plug my headphones or external speakers into my laptop, the speakers or headphones will have that same crackling and distortion when playing audio too.

it's frustrating because I am a major music fan and I would like my audio to sound good and clear.

Please help me if possible!

what kind of hardware do you have ?

lspci | grep Audio
    is it new or older , I personally have never had this problem , but that means nothing .

dose it happen with any application playing audio or just 1

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by KumaBay View Post
      Hello this is my first post here, and I'm new to all things Linux.
      Welcome to Linux and Kubuntu Forums.

Please read the post in my signature for suggestions on how to get more and more helpful responses to posts. For example, you gave no information about what laptop you have, whether or not this laptop has or has had other operating systems on it, what audio subsystem it has, what driver you're using, what changes you've attempted. etc., etc.

There are literally dozens if not hundreds of people here regularly browsing the posts hoping they can help someone with an issue. Please help us help you by giving us the needed info.

Please Read Me

Comment

The inxi utility is also useful for discovering your system.

For instance, in a konsole the entry
        Code:
        inxi -A
        Produces this
        Code:
        john@john-Desktop:/media/john$ inxi -A
        Audio:     Card-1 NVIDIA GF108 High Def. Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel
                  Card-2 Intel Sunrise Point-H HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
                  Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.15.0-39-generic
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
        X