This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Program for burn images into usb?

In the first time, sorry f or this question...I'm new in kubuntu...
    In my older distro, I have a imagewriter and suse studio for burn images into usb.
    Today, I installed kubuntu in my desktop computer, I search in discover and synaptic any image writer, but I don't view any...

Again, sorry for my "stupid" question...

Thank you!

No stupid questions.

Most of us don't use synaptic and without knowing your apt sources lists there's no way to make a suggestion based on what you can install.

However, I can highly recommend this application: Etcher

Cross-platform, small, and so far, flawless. I started using it in beta and it's real solid. I'm sure if you wait a little while, you'll have 10 other recommendations.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks oshunluvr,

Ok, in this case, I go to uninstall synaptic (a some years using synatic )

I don't have (at the moment) more apt sources that, are default in kubuntu (only I add apt for audacious and audacity and for the for the propietary graphics drivers).

I go to view Etcher like you indicate.

Again, thank you!

Comment

Nothing wrong with using Synaptic. Others do as well. Muon and Discover have turned enough people off that they install Synaptic. The issue is it's a GTK (Gnome) application so sometimes doesn't look right or whatever.

Anyway, my point really was, searching for a package with Synaptic is foreign to me (and maybe others).

Please Read Me

Comment

A first view, for me, Muon and Synaptic are similar (in the apparience), for mw its best search package in Muon or Synaptic than Discover, like for me today its my first day in kubuntu (in computer desktop) are try all.

I view the Etcher and yes, I think that its fantastic program, thank you!!

Comment

Kubuntu, to the best of my knowledge, also includes unetbootin. It works reasonably well. Just for the heck of it, I grabbed an old USB thumb drive out of a drawer, erased the files that were on it, checked for and found a fat32 filesystem on the drive, started unebootin and burned an .ISO that I had on disk to the thumb drive. Worked perfectly.

Nothing against etcher. Choice is very good, and you could even just use dd in a terminal! it'll all work.
            The next brick house on the left
            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Originally posted by wonder View Post
              A first view, for me, Muon and Synaptic are similar (in the apparience), for mw its best search package in Muon or Synaptic than Discover, like for me today its my first day in kubuntu (in computer desktop) are try all.

Yep, Muon and Synaptic are in appearance and function very similar to each other. And whatever you enter in the search box, will return lines that match the search string in the package title, the file name, or within the text description. That can be awkward at times, but it does work.
              The next brick house on the left
              Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

and hears another one ,,,

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post402754

but really if you have no knead for all the stuff mkusb will do then unetbootin , Etcher , "dd" will do just great and are a tad easier

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                X