Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, yes, but have not found any active download site or active ppa for me-tv.

Comment

Might be helpful: https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/how-...-in-ubuntu/906
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Wait me-tv should be in the repos.

Comment

Without a tuner card and an antenna it is difficult to get TV shows over the Internet. Many, like England, filter access to their streams to those who have paid the license and are given a registered player.

Using VLC is a different story if you add the TuneInRadio extension.

https://addons.videolan.org/p/1153982/
          but that is for streaming audio only, even though the number of choices is gargantuan.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yes, live Internet TV works fine with KODI and its iPlayer plugin (live in the UK).

Thanks for link for Me-TV, it works fine, but I would prefer Kaffeine.working

Comment

You seem to have a KDE specific bug,.so you should file it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Comment

Am I the only one with this problem?? Could it have to do with my upgrading to 17.10 from 17.04 (which was a fresh install) rather than a fresh install??

Comment

Originally posted by hallergard View Post
                  Am I the only one with this problem?? Could it have to do with my upgrading to 17.10 from 17.04 (which was a fresh install) rather than a fresh install??
                  I use a silicondust hdhomerun which has no dvb drivers. So I can't really test it out.

Comment

Thanks! Maybe someone else can inform if I am alone with this problem?

Filed my first bug report ever this morning.

Comment

There is a bug - not with kaffeine - but with VLC version 2.x dependencies in 17.10 affecting UK TV codecs. Solved in 18.04 with VLC version 3.0.

Comment

Working...
                      X