X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFS confusion in 17.10

Hi,

I have a Synology NAS on which are a number folders set-up as NFS shares.

Previous to 17.10 I had read/write access to each folder and sub-folders, but now that has subtly changed. I still have read/write access to the subfolders but no longer to the top-level folders, unless as root.

Part of me suspects the Synology however this set-up has been working for several years until I switched from 17.04 to 17.10.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Nick
    Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Probably due to changes in mount/export requirements or version 3 vs. version 4 requirements. You could post some actual info from your system if you want help.

Similar thread : https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ount-NFS-share

Please Read Me

Comment

@oshunluvr

Thanks for the post. You could be onto something, I'm not sure if 17.10 is the first release to use NFSv4 or whether they've tweaked the implementation. Anyway...

I created a new share and after a bit of messing about on the Synology I got it working, after that it was a simple case of recreating the other shares and everything is back.

The Synology stuff isn't relevant to this forum but if anyone finds this thread and needs some help just message me.

Nick
      Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Comment

Originally posted by quarkslot View Post

The Synology stuff isn't relevant to this forum but if anyone finds this thread and needs some help just message me.

Nick
        Pretty much anything is relevant in this forum, just put it in the right section. I'm sure there are other Synology users on here or searching the web looking for answers. If you felt like sharing your experience solving this, feel free to go to one of the non-KDE centrist sections and post away.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X