This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mouse insn't processing correctly

I checked my logs and it seems my mouse can't be properly determined by the kernel. It says it can't identify the mouse. Double click speed seems too fast so when I single click, it many times will act like a double or triple click! I just doubled the time it waits to determine a double click. Hopefully that will make it respond better. It also reports a low battery even when fully charged and the mouse continues to work. It looks like the problem may have to do with the usb 2.0 system. What I don't know.

Logitech Performance MX

It's a wireless optical mouse.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Dosn't seem to be working.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

Comment

I stopped buying Logitech mice because the problems made them not worth the cost. My last one had static buildup. Try pulling the battery, clicking the buttons and rolling the wheel a few times, and try it again.

Please Read Me

Comment

In my experience, Logitech mice rarely cause problems, but then again I only use the wired variety - eliminates the vagaries between the mouse and the USB connector.

I know, that doesn't help the OP, but it could be an option. Also, I checked with my son. He has a wired mouse on his desktop machine, but uses a Microsoft wireless mouse with his laptop. Quite successfully. Sometimes if the wireless receiver is hidden at the back of a desktop unit, or is "far" away, there can be communication issues between the mouse and its USB receiver.
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Logitech mice rarely cause problems, but then again I only use the wired variety -
          Yep, same here--Logitech wired has been good.

steve7233, you might try a few searches, as the MX does seem to attract, shall we say, attention. For example, I tried the following search string, and several interesting links popped up:
          Logitech Performance MX works on Linux?
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

LogiTech released the M325 in 2011 and it has been my preference every since. I am currently running my 2nd copy after putting my first purchase into backup storage. I get about 12-15 months on a battery, I often forget to turn it off, and have been using this particular mouse for 3-4 years.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

My last Logitech mouse cost $70 and lasted less than a year before it started having static build up issues. Now I buy Technet mice at about $9-12. I have two. One is three years old and still good as new.

Please Read Me

Comment

I tend to go cheap! The Logitech's, usually the M1xx series or equivalent - wired of course, and cost nowhere near $70 a pop. But that's just the way I roll!
                The next brick house on the left
                Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Do any of you have a mouse with a resolution button? Mine does. Maybe that is the problem. Maybe the Linux kernel doesn't have the config or kernel module (driver in windows language) to understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
                    Do any of you have a mouse with a resolution button? Mine does. Maybe that is the problem. Maybe the Linux kernel doesn't have the config or kernel module (driver in windows language) to understand it.
                    My LogiTech M325 mouse started acting up. I replaced the batteries and it works well again.
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

steve7233, have you played around with the advanced mouse settings in System Settings?

Comment

Working...
                      X